outdoor audio - non"outdoor" speakers?

SuBXeRo

• Moderators
My HOA has set forth that "Thou Shalt Not Have Exterior Speakers"

Reading that is sounds like you can use interior speakers. :emotion-14:

Looking at the pics if you were to have a party and wanted to be a little loud just invite the closest neighbors so no one can complain. I think if you don't go crazy and cause a complaint it would be fine, unless you have a jerk for a neighbor.

• Like 1

we are mainly out there just relaxing on the weekends, no real party parties, not yet at least.  the people behind our house are hicks and a piece of work from what i understand and my neighbors to one side ar around our age with a baby and the guy on the other side is a relaxed computer programmer.

Why not just use your actual indoor speakers and a long string of speaker wire. Looks to me like your patio is pretty much outside your bak door. This way when you are not outdoors you won't have to worry about weather issues with the speakers. I have some KG's in my garage and when i play ball out front I hook up to a 50 foot of 12 guage wire and play them. When I am done, I plug back into the standard 5 foot wires in the garage. Dual prupose and no threat of damage. Cripe, they are not that heavy to have to move. Also, for some decent used Klipsch check out CL or the Bay and grab some second rate Heresies or KG 4's or something cheap enough so they can bring the sound you want but not cost you a lot.

i have my 7's in the room next to the patio and i can open a window but you have to blast it on the inside to get reasonable levels outside.  I really don't want to have to move stuff around all of the time.  I just want to permanently wire everything up to an amp and be done.  I actually want to build the enclosures for the speakers and I'll make covers for them when not in use.  I am a lurker with this stuff and i lie in wait for the proper products to come of availability.

I'll probably wire everything up with direct burial wire inside conduit but i am always open for other ideas.