Outlaw 7125 Question

mxr dad

I am using my Outlaw 7125 right now and it is a 7 channel amp. My room (at least I think) is better off using 5.1. So, I'm not using 2 of the channels on the amp. Am I better off just leaving these 2 channels idle or is there a better use for them? Speakers are RF7ii, RC 64ii and RS 7.

Any suggestions?

As far as I know, the Outlaw 7125 has a single power supply which will provide more power per channel when using only 5 channels.  As long as there are enough output transistors per channel(6 per channel if I had to guess) to handle the higher power swings, I see no problems.  The transformer is huge(1.6kVA) so there will not be a problem there.

As far as "bi-wring" the fronts with the unused rear surround channels, I will let others chime in.

Bill

I'd just let em idle. Bill is right, the less channels you use the more power the others get. I think the 7125 tested out around 180wpc in 2 channel, and 140wpc with all channels driven.

It is a very good amp for the price, as are all Outlaws.

Cool. The OCD in me (or maybe the arsehole in me) dont like the 2 channels just sitting there not pulling their weight! But it sounds like they are contributing, by not contributing! As long as they are doing something!!!