dented con

eshepard

i have a synergy sb1 with a pressed in cone, if u have any ideas on how to fix it i m all ears, i think the speaker would be fine if i could get the cone back to normal, i tried a vacuum with no success and my only other idea is to put some superglue on my finger, but i m afraid that would tear the cone

Hi there,

These guys are right.

Dust cap damage does not affect speaker performance, however...

I have used tape to pull cones back into shape.

Take some duct tape, wrap some around your fingers backwards (so the sticky side faces out) and gently touch the cap, then pull gently

Be extremely careful, as it is possible to take some cone material off or even rip a cone, with this process.

I have used this method on many occasion.

It is important not to fully stick the tape to the cone. Just touch it slightly until the tape adhesive grips the cone.

This is not a recommended repair technique.

But, it can be effective.

Use extreme caution!

Good luck.

------------------

You should of heard just what I've seen.

If you use the duct tape method and have a small hand held dryer. You can use the dryer to apply a bit of heat in a back and forth manner to loosen the duct tapes grip once the cone is back in place. This will help prevent the tape from removing any cone material. Just don't apply the heat in a steady or direct manner. With a bit of patience, it will loosen easily. This method is good for removing decals from painted surfaces too.

------------------

KLIPSCH IS MUSICf>

My Systems f>s>c>