my Klipsch system

prodj101

Hey everyone, I've been waiting forever to be able to get my stupid digital camera to work with my comp so I could get you a pic of my system and see what you think. Keep in mind that I'm just a 14 year old who has worked summer jobs for 3 years to earn the money for this system.

The set includes:

Sony DVP-NS900V-DVD/SACD player

Some 100 watt tube amps I built myself

a tube pre amp I built myself

SF-2's for the front.

SC-1 center

SF-1's for the rear

RSW-15 for the sub, it's behind the sofa in that pic.

cheap Pioneer receiver that I use for surround. Monster cable M Series through and through.

In my basement I also have some turntables, a mixer, a sony 5 disc and another vintage tube amp that I aquired from a garage sale.

------------------

-Trevor

Nice work. I wish I had taken the time to learn how to build stuff. Since you're into tubes at such a young age, you'll probably be able to save a lot of money on the pursuit of audio nirvana. And as I tell my wife: My audio hobby keeps me home, it isn't a motorcycle (my hobby in the past), and I'm not down at some bar drinking. It seems to work.

For the photo, I'd use a shade or curtain over the window and the camera is adjusting the exposure to compensate for the bright light coming through the window.

------------------

Transport: CEC TL-2X

DAC: Audiomat Maestro

Pre-amp: Wyetech Jade

Amps: Jeff Korneff 45

Interconects: Analysis Plus Solo Monocrystal

Speaker cable: Analysis Plus Solo Monocrystal

Power cords: CPCC Top Gun and Model 11

Line conditioner: CPCC Super Power Block

Equip Stand: Grand Prix Audio Monaco

Belle Klipsch, K-horns

This message has been edited by Mike82 on 08-13-2002 at 06:54 AM

Trevor - I admire your focus and perserverance (and results!) at your youthful age. At 14, I had a Fisher combo 8-track player (ask your father -- he'll know what that is cwm2.gif) and receiver with a couple of those "department store" speakers.

I actually find your picture rather artsy -- it speaks to me somehow. Maybe 'cause it reminds me of my grandmother's house in NY, which had those big, wooden door and window frames, as did my mother-in-law's place in Parker, SD...

Oofda!!

Doug

------------------

My System

Hey, the circuit that is on that picture link is the one I used to build my mono amps. The total cost for everything, is around $550. The cost is alot less though if you take shortcuts like using a transistor power supply instead of tube, and using lesser quality tubes. I built that circuit using 4 KT88 Svetlana tubes for power output, than there are other tubes in the input/driver stage, plus the rectifier tube. As far as difficulty goes, they are much simpler than you would think, the hardest part is learning how to read the circuits, which isn't to tough when your dad was a DJ and had to build all his owncwm1.gif . The first one took me about a week to build days of modest work time to build, the second one was much faster. If you know what you're doing you can put one together in a day without alot of trouble. Plus, a 100 watt tube amp for 550 dollars is a real bargain.a 100 watt tube amp for 550 dollars is a real bargain.

I hope this helps!

-Trevor

------------------

-Trevor