Anyone running an amp and running into level issues with Auto Eq, I have some data

gadgtfreek

My 64ii has been bottoming out with audyssey and the outlaw amp, and the 7ii's are close. Up until now I level matched but I had bought some of these

http://www.parts-express.com/in-line-xlr-attenuator-pad-10db--240-412

to go with the XLR cables I have. I am always a little paranoid of adding stuff to the chain, especially in audio/video areas and I knew little about XLR pads and their quality.

Finally was able to test today and the results were great. The 10db pad was about a 8.5db reduction by the preamp volume, so now when XT32 finishes my 64ii should be about -5 and the 7ii's should be about -3.

Blue is before pad/Lower Red is after pad/Overlay red is with volume bumped 8.5db

FL%20with%2010db%20XLR%20Pad_zpsxzs8mnhq

As you can see the FR is spot on. Very happy with this cheap solution and it saves me some time.

Edited by gadgtfreek

Yep, those are well respected and have a track record, when I started looking into the XLR pads I couldn't find jack. I really wanted to stick with my XLR cables so these have just been in a bag. I got a light bulb yesterday that I now had the gear to do some piece of mind testing. Glad I did, makes my life a lot easier when running auto eq.