Xbox One Recording Question

K5SS

Hey guys, 

I have a slight problem on my hands and I am wondering if any of you guys could help me out..

I am renting a house this weekend with 12 of my very close friends, we are having a guys golf weekend in Suncadia. The problem lies with the fact that the US Open is in my state (at a course I have played quite a few times) and the house we rented doesn't have a DVR. The cable company is some off brand since it is up in the mountains so we can't bring our own DVR's with us. 

My question is: Can I bring my Xbox One with me and have it record the golf during the day while we are out playing golf? Do any of you guys use your Xbox in this capacity? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

While you can watch TV on the XBOX ONE.... there is no option for recording Broadcast TV. 

Right now the DVR feature is only for recording up to 5 minutes of gameplay.

Rumor is that theTV DVR Function might become reality ater this year.

Lots of ways "to watch"content while mobile (on phone, tablet, etc.)... just not many ways to record content on the go.

The only other way I can think of at the moment is a Sling TV package ($20 month) which includes ESPN, ESPN2, AMC, TNT, TBS, and a few others in their basic package. There is an additional Sports Package for extra $$ ( ESPNEWS, ESPNU, Universal Sports, etc.).

Sling TV channels feature "3 Day Replay," allowing you to watch any show aired within the past three days. But there are restrictions (programming/content licenses etc), so check with Sling & see if the channel you need is included.

Sling TV is comapible with XBOX ONEGood luck!