XP appears corrupt. Is it possible to launch its windows programs from another PC running XP?

JL Sargent

So I have an older wacked out PC with Windows XP that will only launch in "safe mode". The computer hardware is basically worthless, but there are programs on the PCs hard drive that I would like to still run on another machine. Is this possible? I understand that I could simply copy any documents or photos from the HD to another drive but what about operating the actual programs?

I have a couple of analytical programs for XP that I use with work once in a while. There are SKF Vibration Analysis Software called Prism 4 and Fluke's infrared report writing software called Infraview. These are specialized programs and are located on the HD with the corrupt XP. I guess I'm wondering how the registry handles specific programs. The SKF program I installed with floppies! :D 

It doesn't fail at the same place twice in the startup routine??? I tried a system restore to a previous date and that did not work. I tried to defrag the drive to no avail. I tried to install a new copy of Windows but it wont let you do that without losing previous data/programs. Now that is an idea about the partition. Didn't think of that one. 

• Like 1