Voice coil for K33E square

Bacek

Hello,

Lately I have bought some '78 La Scalas. Unfortunately one of the the woofers was already rewired/repaired and it was rather poor repair. It's much less effective than the other woofer and inductance readings are relay strange.

Even before I was thinking about trying Eminence Kappa 15C but I guess I could also try to repair K33E. I have local an access to someone who is relay good in speaker repairs. But I guess proper coil would be most useful for this purposes.

Is there any place where I could buy K33E square magnet coils? Was looking for some but without success. Or maybe some one knows original coils parameters like dimension, length or wire gauge?

IMO, anyone experienced enough to repair loudspeakers should know where to get parts. You can also contact Bob Crites, he sells replacement woofers for the K33. Always replace the woofers in pairs when changing the type of woofer.

A "want to buy" ad in the garage sale section might get results on K33s if you want to try used ones.

I know woofer replacement options but I would also want to fix this one.

It's maybe easy to find proper partis when you live in US, but if not it can be tricky. And I cannot check/measure current coil because it's not broken, it's just incorrect and I don't want another incorrect coil.

http://reconingspeakers.com/speaker-repair/how-to-order-diy-recone-kits/how-to-measure-a-voice-coil/

Contacted guys from link above and they proposed something like that:

VC6240-4 (2.015” Inside Diameter) (1.625” Form Height) (.625” Wind Width) 4 ohm, 2 layer. Maybe someone has broken coil and could measure it?

I know woofer replacement options but I would also want to fix this one.

It's maybe easy to find proper partis when you live in US, but if not it can be tricky. And I cannot check/measure current coil because it's not broken, it's just incorrect and I don't want another incorrect coil.

http://reconingspeakers.com/speaker-repair/how-to-order-diy-recone-kits/how-to-measure-a-voice-coil/

Contacted guys from link above and they proposed something like that:

VC6240-4 (2.015” Inside Diameter) (1.625” Form Height) (.625” Wind Width) 4 ohm, 2 layer. Maybe someone has broken coil and could measure it?

you are much better off - removing the dust cap on the other K33 E - and measuring it - then just replace the dust cap -

Thank you djk, hope they still have some data about it.

Removing dust cap from other woofer will give me only internal diameter for the coil and rest of the parameters will still remain mystery. And I don't want to completely dismount other woofer.