Store sold me broken tv.....TWICE!

jwadd21

You will not believe this...

Yesterday I took time out of my day to shop for my TV. I get to video only and see a decent JVC 32" on sale for 419 after tax. So I pick that one up, I get it home and hook it up, but the component input DOESN'T WORK! I just got wierd static signals and lines all over the screen. I tried to figure out why, but had to conlude that the set was just busted. So I had to go a night without my new TV and knowing I wasted a good 2 hours total for NOTHING...

THEN TODAY I go back to return it, explain whats wrong, they test it, acknowledge the problem, then offer a replacement. But I was like, no, you told me the tv had two AV inputs in back, it only has one, I need a different set also. So he was like ok, we have a Toshiba 34A42 on open box for 480 after tax. So I figure, what the hell, I'll go with it. I get it, take it home, and put it in the garage till I got home from my tee-time. I get home, unload the thing which is no easy task, and plug it in, and THE COMPONENT INPUTS ARE BUSTED ON THIS ONE TOO!

I can't even believe this, it seems beyond possibility that two sets in a row could be broken like this. But i'm not breaking them, I'm doing nothing wrong. So, basically I have wasted almost 4 hours for ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Should I go back and state my disatisfaction and hope they compensate for my wasted time/effort/stress over this whole episode? Perhaps they would offer a better set for the same amount in a good gesture for all this crap? What should I do? Go somewhere else and ask for my money back? I just dont know what to do!

Is it possible to bring the set back and bring your DVD player with the component cables you are presently using with you and test everything together in the retailers shop ? If so why not give that a try.One of murphy's Laws: If it is absolutely impossible to happen than it probably already has. Good Luck.

------------------

tHe wORLDs werst TYPesT>

Whats the name of the store? Video Only? Sounds like the type of experiance you would have with them also.

------------------

m00nsCinema to be

the m00n system

FRONTS: RF-7

CENTER: RC-7

SURROUNDS: RS-7

SUB: RSW-12

RECEIVER: Harman Kardon AVR 520

DVD: Harman Kardon DVD-50(DD, DTS)

VIDEO: InFocus ScreenPlay DLP Projector

COMPUTER: ProMedia 4.1

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

Bummer! Something like that could ruin your golf game.

You might be able to shame the store manager into giving you a sweeter deal on the next one. But that is about all I would think you could get in the way of compensation.

The first set could just have been a fluke. Maybe a connection loosened up in shipping. The out of box set I would have checked out before leaving the store. There is no telling what might be wrong with one of them. If I were to get a third set from that store, I would most certainly make sure it is new and check it out before leaving the store. But, if I got two bad units in a row, I think I would just cut my losses and move on to another store unless their prices were a whole lot better than the competition.

Thank Heaven I never do a Homer!!

Her: But DOH is the word I hear most often around here!

Hom..Err UHM me: When I want your opinion I'll tell you what it is! Yipe! OOOOOh! Ouch! Fine!! Be That Way!!

------------------

It is meet to recall that the Great Green Heron rarely flies upside down in the moonlight - (Foo Ling ca.1340)

This message has been edited by lynnm on 08-18-2002 at 05:56 PM