Opinions on........

cdsang

Well part of this topic was so you don't have to put 100 topics on your opinions. The other reason was I have a few questions that require opinions. What sounds better on the RF-3s,Grill or no grill. If I am hearing it right it sounds more open without the grill. I was wondering if others heard it this way. Also, how much sound am I missing from what RF-7s cand do. Is it alot, or just a little? I bi-wired my RF-3IIs and RC-3II, was that a good idea? Also I dunno what to do with my sub(KSW-100 and i was poor at the time)anymore, my RF-3s kinda replaced it. And what SVS subs goes best with the RF-3s. I don't expect answers on all of these, but all would be nice. And if you can only answer one(even if it was answered already) thats fine. Well thank you for you answers from a past and future.

1. My PM5.1's sound better with the grills off too... less resistance I guess.

2. From the looks of it, and from what people have said, the RF-7's are a ton better, but I am not sure- never heard either.

3. Sell the KSW-100, if you want. Then use the money for an SVS. Smile.gif

4. Try a 25-31 or 20-39 PCi, if on budget, or maybe go PCi+ if no budget. If you have aton of money to spend, get the Ultra. Smile.gif

Others here can probably answer better than me, though... just my little bit of help. lol

------------------

SoundWise / ProMedia Tech Support / 1-888-554-5665s>

1. Grill off normally always sonds better

2. RF-7's are louder and more dynamic to me. Certainly has some better lows, almost so that you hear them and think there is a sub in the room

3. KSW-100?! Wow, Smile.gif What SVS sub? For the best result on your SVS purchase, get your reoom demensions and maybe a picture and contact SVS and let them figure it out for you. That is the best way.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

s>

Well I have a small room. If I remember right its 11 by 10 feet. So from what people say, one should be plenty. And the RF-3s almost give me enought bass, but sometimes I notice it doesn't go as low as I like. But they are great as temperary main bass speakers. So I figure the PCi SVS subs would be high enought. I was thinking either then 20-39 or maybe even the 16-46. Also about the RF-7s, do all I have to do is get a good sub and turn up the volume to get the same effect they do? If thats all I am missing then I would feel great about what I got.

HT

Front- Klipsch RF-3II

Center-Klipsch RC-3II

Rear- Klipsch RS-3II

Sub- Klipsch KSW100(sad I know but I will replace it with something)

Receiver-Yamaha-RX-V992(It doesn't sound to bright to me with my Klipsch)

DVD Player-Playstation 2(I will get a real one later)

Cdsang:

I have the RF-7's and have heard the Rf3's. Those RF-3's are amazing speakers, and if I was in your position, I would be inclined to keep them, at least for now, and invest in a sub that works well for music and HT. (Sorry, I have listened to few subs, and have little to offer in opinions here.) The reason being is your small room size. I think the RF-7's need alot of room to reach their full potential, unless you want to go deaf. I have a 20x16 room, and they easily fill this with sound, they can go VERY loud, much louder than the RF3's and with no strain/distortion. They are much more "detailed" in the high end, and do have punchier bass than the 3's that you'll notice, but you still need a sub with the RF-7 to reach under 40HZ, so a sub will not go wasted. I wouldn't buy RF-7 if you are only concerned with bass response, especially if using a reciever like I am. (Integra 6.2) Most receivers have poor bass management, and don't do justice to the 7s. I am currently contemplating getting power amps with a preamp to help boost/cut the sound like I want. So, for now, get a sub and demo the RF-7 first. IMHO. Hope this helps.

Scott

Well to tell you the truth I wouldn't be able to affored RF-7s for a very long time. It might take a year or two. But the RF-3s were best ones I could wait for to afford. They sure do make my old system look bad. Well they were klipsch as well, just they weren't all that great. Well I thought they were till I got my new RF-3 set. But I don't want to throw em away. There my first set. So I could use my old system. Use my sats for Bs, cut the bass off and use my sub. But I have a feeling it will either be to bright, or the sats cant' be heard. 93dB Sens vs 98dB Sens, a challage for my sats for sure. But if put high, they sound louder right? I think about 8 foot high. Well I was wondering if it would be a waste to use my old speakers. Thank you for your answers.