SF-2/SF-1 or Herseys all around

JasN00b

well i've got the budget thing worked out... over the next year i'll build the HT.

recievers gonna be a Denon... around 300-400 dollars what ever is available at the time of my purchase.

i heard the SF-2s, loved um.

same for Herseys, and just wanted to get your opionions.

i know i ask a lot of questions like this, but i just wanna get a sense of what i'm dealing with

sry to bother ya all

------------------

---------------------

I. Love. MUSIC!

I started out with the Synergy Series for HT and they sound great. But then I got bit by the all-horn-loaded bug and am converting to Heritage speakers. I have kinda gone overboard with K-horns in front, LaScalas in back and looking for some Heresy's for centers.

I also listen to 2 channel a lot more than HT, and I think the Heresy's will sound better than the SF-2's for that. Just stay with Klipsch and you will be happy either way.

------------------

Jim

Family Room:

1979 La Scalas (mains), SF-2 Center (pair), RS-3 Surrounds, RC-3 Rear Center, KSW-10 Subs (pair)

Yamaha RX-V1 Reciever, Yamaha CDC-655 CD Player, Toshiba SD-1200 DVD, Toshiba TN50X81 50" HDTV

Living Room:

Yamaha RX-V590, 1978 Klipschorns Mainsc>s>

A few things to consider:

You'll have a much better system than most folks with either.

I would think you would have a preference for the sound of one or the other. They sound different to me.

SF-2s go lower than Heresys. But IMHO it is a moot point. You will need a good subwoofer with either choice. Just chose the crossover point accordingly.

Heresys are timbre matched to the rest of the Heritage series if you think you may ever want to go that way. Heresy IIs are a little less well matched, but are closer than most of the rest.

Heresys are more durable. They are made out of plywood. SF-2s are made out of MDF.

FWIW I have all Heresys plus a well matched sub. But then, I got my first pair of Heresys in the 70s and have stuck with them since. Who knows what I would go with if I were to start over from scratch today, maybe Reference series.