Furutech 4T / KEEPING IT!

InVeNtOr

decided to keep these cables.  i just can't replace them for anything less than $30 a foot.

Furutech Link

i have 3 cables for sale.  i moved and now these are too short. i don't mind keeping them, they will make great power cables later, but i'd like to try and pass on a good deal.  i purchased these at Sonic Craft in TX so these are 100% legit.  2 cables are just a hair shorter than 6' and the other is just shy of 4'.  the Furutech bananna plugs are not included.  Fyi, the pic of the bent Furutech bananna plug, that was all that happened when the glass ET stand fell and my LPA-1 amp was being held up! those were also purchased at Sonic Craft.

the link will provided all the nice detals, but the simple version....

it's a Star Quad design, so it's an EMI protected harness with out the need of shielding...

4 x 14awg wires, you can bi-wire or not.  if you don't, it's 11awg...

edit: Sonic Craft just got back with me.  Jeff said it is 5N copper. 

$50, i'll cover PP and Shipping. (the break down is $2.50 per ft and $10 for shipping)

post-21676-0-72760000-1444661353_thumb.j

post-21676-0-10640000-1444661361_thumb.j

post-21676-0-20120000-1444661370_thumb.j

post-21676-0-34400000-1444661388_thumb.j

post-21676-0-21720000-1444661399_thumb.j

Not sure if these would help me with my problem, which is a low hum from my amp which I believe is caused by rack lighting in my kitchen that has a slider on it. I wonder if the EMI protection would limit the interference. Never saw 4 wire speaker cable, so as shown you have it in a regular configuration, not for Bi-wire, correct? Thanks.

yes.  it's set up for just 1 speaker.  i know a "low hum" has been discussed on this forum to death....what some of the issues have been.....power cable with a ground, rheostat switches (like yours) in the circuit, and home wiring ground issues. those have been the main reasons that i remember.  in your case, i would switch out that switch with a standard one and see if that's it. that would be a super quick easy check.  the reason i went with a star quad is i wanted a shielded speaker cable but i didn't want to have an shielded cable.  i'm a fan of Anti-Cables and just having a pure twisted wire (in my personal set up) sounded the best.  yes with these Furutech i have the added jacket, but my only other option was to buy VH Audio's star quad at $9.49 ft. i'm sure it would have "sounded" better, but i'm way too cheap to have a small gain at that price! i tried a DIY star cable and it simply wasn't going to work.  i ended up using it in my Furman 20PFI power cord.  i then later switched that out for a braided power cable to match all the other braided power cables i made.

if you are interested in these, i can also ship you a few different power cables to test out.  maybe one of them will work better or sound better, or simply be better. when you done, just ship them back.  if you can give me a dimension of the minimum length you need and your preference in how you like your set up, as in "bright", "Warm", "neutral", i'll see if i have a power cord that matches that. i have quite a few to choose from....

http://www.canare.com/ProductItemDisplay.aspx?productItemID=65

http://www.performanceaudio.com/item/canare-4s11-star-quad-speaker-cable-4-x-14-gauge-/535/

http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=4039

if you want to save a just a few dollars, here are two another star quads.  i am going to be using the cardas cable because i am broke.  i can not afford the cost of a new Furutech star quad at this time.  i found the Cardas for $1.16 ft/ free ship.  the cardas is a 3N purity and the Furutech is a 5N.  Monoprice is a 3N as well....or 99.95%.  so either one will diffidently produce sound, one just may sound better. the monoprice is less than half the cost of the cardas, but i like the jacket and how tightly the cardas are twisted as compared to monoprice.  again, would i be able to tell the difference in a blind test....odds are i wouldn't.  it will however make the voices in my head quiet.....lol.

• Like 1

Thanks Inventor, you gave me a lot to chew on. I think the real answer for me is to have an electrician up grade the 2 contractor grade sliders that are on the same floor, possibly circuit, that my stereo is on. I don't think the problem is the amp on which I recently spent some considerable coin  in doing a full restoration, including upgrading the power supply cable. My stereo is shoe-horned in to a cabinet and although I have done my best to separate speaker wire from IC's & power cords, there is some comingling going on.

I will wrestle with the cables & my speaker switchbox, through which there are currently 5 pairs of speakers connected. The main speakers are hooked into my power amp & then directly to the Rotel speaker switch box, what I plan on trying is to connect the speakers from the power amp, directly to my Pre & see if that lessens or eliminates the hum. If not, some electrical isolation work may be in order. Thanks, Stephen.

i think that would be a good first course of action changing the switch.  when i had my house built i paid the electrician (on the side) to run a 12awg romex dedicated 20a circuit to my living room.  i don't think i got any sonic benefits, but i did have the piece of mind i didn't have my refrigerator on that circuit! lol!

i know of a few select people on here had power cable/amp issues where the amp had an active ground pin, and the cable was a stock cable that was a true 3 pin.  so even though the amp didn't need a connected ground, since the cable had one, it created an issue.  all they did to fix it, switch it out with a custom with no connected ground.  they still had a shield to ground pin, just not connected from the amp to the wall. 

maybe the switch box ground is feeding back into the system, it's really hard to tell.  you isolating all the cables/ speakers should quickly lead you to the main issue. 

like i said earlier, i have way too many cables to even know what to do with. i can ship you out any/ all of them and see if some of them that are 100% shielded or different ground pin set ups help/hurt the issue.

I have all of my components hooked up through a Belkin 60 power center & that is then plugged into the wall outlet. I will do some more isolation work in an attempt to track down the culprit in my system. Thanks again for your generous offer, I didn't mean to derail your thread, GLWTS.