Question RF82's paired with RC52

kahnoleary

Someone local in my area is selling a pair of RF82's for $400 CAN, and I am wondering if these speakers are going to really overpower the RC52 and RS42's or if they should be fine together?

I don't want to pass up on this type of deal just want to make sure it is going to work with the rest of my setup.

Kahnoleary,

Welcome to the forum.

The RF-82's "may" overpower the RC-52 if your room is on the large side and your seating position is more than say 11ft away from the center.  Now the RC-52 will not be a "perfect" match under any conditions.  As far as the RS-42's, you should be fine.

Bill

• Like 1

I sort of had a similar question, about RF-5 and RC-35, and the response to me was that you would then want to upgrade the center, though your setup will work fine as is.  At 300USD which I think is about the exchange you should probably just scoop them up, especially if deals are infrequent where you live.  What are you using for mains currently?

• Like 1

I suspect you will still hear a noticeable difference. I currently run the RC-52ii with RF-82ii and with a little adjustment it works fine. But I am always looking for a RC-64ii on CL and if one comes up at the right price I will nab it for sure.

• Like 2

Man the rf-52's are great speakers! And so is the rc-52. I had one with 82's. And had it for years and never felt it lacking. Joining this forum was great and horrible at the same time. I spent about one month on here ditched a great little sub and spent 4,000 on two Svs subwoofers and spent 2 grand on a set of rf-63 and rc-64. Then came 62's for surrounds. Then came 61's for backs. Then came xpa-2 for mains. Then a xpa-5 for everything else. It all came so fast. In prolly 6 month period dropped like 7 grand. And since then probably dropped 20 more. I can't seem to stop. Although I'm going to soon as I need to buy a house soon. It really is more important no matter what I keep telling myself.