Any Mondial gurus left out there?

lehouillier1

I have an Acurus Act 3 preamp. It is frozen. If I unplug and turn on by pressing input buttons it will switch inputs. Once its on it is unresponsive. I can access the menus from standby state. Is there a common fault for these that I can troubleshoot? Any info would be helpful. I have the schematic and a decent rework station for performing repairs. The initialization process runs but has no effect.

Edited by lehouillier1

Lehouillier1,

Welcome to the forum.

I don't know about a guru but sure am a "fan boy". :D

I know a guy(not personally but through forums) that knows a ton about Acurus and Aragons.  I will try to contact him and see if he can solve your problem.

Just out of curiosity, what amp/amps do you have paired with your Act 3?

Bill

Thanks for that, I have fired off an email to Indy Labs. I'm not hopeful as they really have nothing to do with Mondial other than the rights to the Aragon/Acurus names. (Kind of like Klipsch) Their new line of stuff looks really nice, though. I will be sure to update with any information I receive back from them.

There is a very helpful guy on Audiokarma that goes by the name "mondialfan".  Extremely knowledgeable guy about Acurus/Aragon products.

Join and post your question in the below thread or create a new thread.

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/are-there-many-acurus-fans-out-there.647482/page-2#post-9065887

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

I loved my twice upgraded ACT-3.  Lightning got it twice and the second time the damage was unrepairable.  :unsure:  

I learned how great it was when I replaced it with an Integra DHC-80.2.  The Integra sounds as good as the ACT-3 with the final upgrade, but it is so complicated, I need the manual to remember how to adjust it.