Advice for KG series

mcp

I bought a pair of 5.5's for my son who listens to a log of Dubstep and electronic music. They sound pretty darn good and will deliver some great bass if that is what your are are after. I have been looking for another set for myself ever since.

They are pretty much made for electronic music in my opinion as they dig low and are a very "lively" speaker. My LaScalas are great for conveying nuance and emotion but dont come close to rocking out like my KG 5.5s especially with some good Seven Lions, Infected Mushroom or Deadmau5.   

• Like 1

I was going to say the same with my 4.2's with Trance,Club, House, and Freestyle. I know they don't dig as deep as the 5.5's, but they really do play very well with these types of music,even with tubes. I'm all over with music types, and the KG's do very well with deep bass.

My wife and 4 kids pretty much lock themselves in their rooms when I get into really listening to that type of music and I'm on the opposite side of the house.

You should have a lot of fun with them.

I've heard KG 5.5s and owned KG 4.2s for a while and the bass response was spectacular. Too much for me actually.

I tend to like my balance a little on the lean side, plus the fact that I live in an apartment, I had to let them go.

Wouldn't hesitate for a second to recommend the KG 4.x or KG 5.x to friends as I'm sure very few would be disappointed.

Really enjoying the 4.5's. They are immaculate...9/10. I first drove them with a little NAD D3020 and they sounded pretty good. I do like the Marantz 1070 a little more, though. Big dynamics and nice bass, which I love. I'd be interested to hear others' experience with both low and high powered solid state with the KG series...

Look at the crossovers and contemplate getting them redone, whether through Bob Crites or DeanG if he does them. I got mine from Bob. They will really sing then, and add in the titanium diaphrams to the tweeters. I did and was very happy with the end result.

Yeah, I was wondering about that. Did you replace both at the same time? Just wondering which is the bigger bang for the buck to start out...

Really enjoying the 4.5's. They are immaculate...9/10. I first drove them with a little NAD D3020 and they sounded pretty good. I do like the Marantz 1070 a little more, though. Big dynamics and nice bass, which I love. I'd be interested to hear others' experience with both low and high powered solid state with the KG series...

Look at the crossovers and contemplate getting them redone, whether through Bob Crites or DeanG if he does them. I got mine from Bob. They will really sing then, and add in the titanium diaphrams to the tweeters. I did and was very happy with the end result.

Yeah, I was wondering about that. Did you replace both at the same time? Just wondering which is the bigger bang for the buck to start out...

I did both at the same time as I figured time wise, the crossovers would need it anyway due to age alone. That was just me though. I tweeters to me were the only real "upgrade" as the crossovers were to bring it back into specks. They could have still been good, but I figured they will need to be done at some point, so I did them. If you can test them, do that. Otherwise different people will have different opinions. I'd say do the tweeters 1st and go from there.