RP-280F amp 500$

valin

Hey,

I intend to buy the Klipsch RP-280F but I am not sure wich amp I should get for them.

I am able to spend ~500$ on the amp.

What is the best I can get for my money?

I am thinking about getting the Pioneer VSX-830-K, I know it's an AV-receiver but maybe the room calibration could be useful.

Thanks for your help in advance

For an actual very limited amp, considering your budget and use, look at the marantz pm5005/6005. That should be a nice unit for your use. If you need hdmi inputs, maybe nr1504. If you need a sub out and the whole 9 yards you'll need to stick with low end receivers. There are probably some retailers that have some last year Denon receivers on closeout. Most are sold out of those though.

thanks guys!

Am i comparing the wrong stats or isn't the Pioneer more efficient with 80w à 8 ohm when operating in stereo mode than the Marantz with 50w à 8 ohm?

50 watts of honest power will run you out of the room with good speakers.  The Marantz integrated amps are 4 ohms stable (some Klipsch speakers can have big impedance dips), and at least on the 6005 it's supposed to have a toroidal transformer.  This is typically a better type of construction than receivers.  If you need the bells and whistles then yeah go with a cheap receiver, it will work fine.  If you really wanted the best amp on a budget like you asked, while needing very little in terms of other functionality, I'd consider a stripped down integrated amp with premium parts, even if the wattage isn't as high as other options.  If you plan to expand your theater in the near future then this isn't really an option, just get a receiver.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters