New purchase pending

RX8

A follow-up to my post.  Unfortunately I missed out on Scrappy's set-up.  However, I did pickup RP-160M's and a RP-250C.  Looking at a sub.  I know that SVS subs are well regarded.  Just trying to determine if they are worth the extra cost.  I am no audiophile by any means.  My last sub was a JBL PS120 which was a sealed 12 inch sub.  Purchased around 1994 or so.  As far as my ears could tell it worked great and was very reliable.  I sold it earlier this year when I moved.  Should have held on to it.

Looking at either a SB-2000 or PC-2000.  I prefer the smaller foot print.  However, there is a sale on the R-110SW for $439 which includes the wireless.  That essentially makes that sub $300 plus the $130 wireless kit.  Although it would be nice to have a matching sub it is not a requirement for me.  So, what do you think?  Is either SVS really worth $260 (SB) or $360 (PC) more than the R-110SW?

Thanks! 

Go with the SVS... Either the PC-2000 or the PB-2000. Bigger driver, better amp and better frequency response, particularly down low. It will walk all over the R-110SW.

I've got an older version of this sub (SVS 20-39 PC+) that I use with my LaScalas for both music and movies. It sits right behind my couch and doesn't disappoint.

What have you got to lose... With SVS you can try it risk free for 45 days and if you don't like it you can return it.

http://www.svsound.com/pages/bill-of-rights

Haven't owned the PC-2000 but owned the previous version the PC-12 Nsd. It will spank the Klipsch 10 or even 12 model in EVERY ASPECT! You get a better warranty. Smaller foot print. Some of the best customer service in the biz. Call and talk to Svs. They will give you warm fuzzier about buying from them for sure. And bravo for stepping out of the box and exploring better options for subs!