My Tube Bias System

Wolfbane

I hauled a vintage Fisher tube amp out of the bowels of Casa Wolfbane when the resident she-wolves were off shopping for God knows what the heck women shop for 'at the mall' and decided to roll in some new power tubes after doing some tube testing. As this called for a check and reset of tube bias I dug around some more and found the Tube biasing unit I purchased from an on-line seller a number of years back which I used on my first tube amp.

It's called Bias Pro and made in the USA by a guy named Ken Koga who designed it initially for guitar amps. Its available with different options depending on whether you own a DVM and how many tubes you want to set the bias on per channel.

More information is available here: http://asharpfretworks.com/50301.html

*** I have no affiliation with Ken or Asharp *** other than I like his product and don't want to get zapped by my amps when re-biasing.

Those have been around for years and built darn nice for the $ spent. I don't use them but they are real handy for consumers to at least check the bias and basic current match of the tubes they are using in amplifiers even if no adjustment controls are present. If the amp has bias controls then setting it is a breeze. Folks would be shocked how many vintage would have some or all of the controls required for biasing but no safe accurate way to measure it..Technician on every corner back in the day ya know!

Those have been around for years and built darn nice for the $ spent. I don't use them but they are real handy for consumers to at least check the bias and basic current match of the tubes they are using in amplifiers even if no adjustment controls are present. If the amp has bias controls then setting it is a breeze. Folks would be shocked how many vintage would have some or all of the controls required for biasing but no safe accurate way to measure it..Technician on every corner back in the day ya know!

Opening up an amp and measuring things with deadly voltage present is not high on the list of things I want to do. This meter is one way I can safely bias my amps.