Possible to mount Surround Speakers(RS62) to the backwall in this room?

Nitemare

This would be a good setup because this suggests that i could mount the bookshelve speakers to the wall behind me. 

I thought you were talking about in that far upper left corner to the left of the window on top, that's why I mentioned the symmetry issue.  

sorry, but i don't understand?

I just mean that the last picture you posted would be a good way to mount bookshelve speakers behind the back of the listening positions in my room. Maybe i'm completly misunderstanding what you mean here, sorry :D

This would be a good setup because this suggests that i could mount the bookshelve speakers to the wall behind me.

I thought you were talking about in that far upper left corner to the left of the window on top, that's why I mentioned the symmetry issue.

I just mean that the last picture you posted would be a good way to mount bookshelve speakers behind the back of the listening positions in my room. Maybe i'm completly misunderstanding what you mean here, sorry :D

When you mentioned mounting it on the wall before, you said something that made me think you were planning to put it in the wall to the left of the window on the top wall in the diagram. Seems like somebody else mentioned that as well but I'd have to go through everything. If you did this, the room would not be symmetrical.

When you mentioned mounting it on the wall before, you said something that made me think you were planning to put it in the wall to the left of the window on the top wall in the diagram. Seems like somebody else mentioned that as well but I'd have to go through everything. If you did this, the room would not be symmetrical.

Yeah it is not symmetrical for the "living room area" i only could mount the speakers next to the window on the left wall in the picture. not on top one. On the top half there is our "eating area". It is a combined room.

I tell people what is important that sound 'comes from somewhere back there (points behind listening position). In your case what you say is fine. Another solution, which may seem odd, is to place them against wall facing UP. Sound will bounce off wall, off ceiling, arriving at listener's ears at different times, giving great illusion of space.  If you have large seating like sofa or couch at your H listening position, pull sofa from wall a bit and put speakers behind it, not up overhead. Many have tried this and it works great, no holes to make in wall or wires showing!  Cheers!  Michael 

• Like 1