Upgrading from RF-62ii

Fiveoh

Buying good quality used speakers is what most if not everybody here does at least from what I've seen.  you need to forget about having to have them be new, and instead consider what you can get when buying used.   You are in control, you get exactly the quality level you want.

I get the sense you are only thinking about new....that is a mistake honestly.   Moving up from 2 6-1/2" drivers to 2-8" drivers will be nice but won't blow you away.  But moving up to those RF83s with 3 -8" drivers, or RF7s with 2-10" drivers....yeah, that's a big big change.

Having heard the 62s very recently I suggest making a jump past the 280s to a higher level speaker...which is of course up to you.  But used you can get RF7s and a sub.

Same goes for the sub.  I saw an HSU in my area VTF-15H (older model) offered on craigslist for $600.  Right now someone else is selling a HSU VTF-15 MK2 (latest model) and asking price is $800 -- meaning you can get it lower.

Once that used speaker is in your house and working fine...it's the same as if you bought it.   Because the minute you buy it...it's used.  Think about this and a world of options opens up to you.  

I am not opposed to used.  However I do not see them for sale in my area (atlanta area).  If you know of a source I am all ears.

Which area did you see the used HSU VTF-15 MK2?

Thanks

Once that used speaker is in your house and working fine...it's the same as if you bought it.   Because the minute you buy it...it's used.  Think about this and a world of options opens up to you.

Some people really enjoy the peace of mind that a warranty provides. At least with Klipsch, you have to buy new to get that.

I debated for months between the RP 280s and RF7iis. The RPs are awesome speakers but I didn't want to spend the money on the premiers and end up still wanting the RF7s. You can get brand new A stock rf7iis for 1900 delivered from some authorized online dealers and probably won't be thinking about upgrading for a long time.

• 2 weeks later...