Home Theater with RP250F and RP-250C

kphuah1977

Hi,

I'm planning to setup home theater in my guest room.

5.1.2 system. 

The room size is pretty small, 12.5ft x 10ft.

Planning to have below setup.

Floor Standing - pair of RP250F

Center - RP-250C

Surround - pair of RP240S

Sub - other brand, 12"

Klipsch ceiling speaker for Dolby Atmos

AV receiver??

I need help here:

1. What Klipsch ceiling speaker to use?

2. What AV receiver is the best match for my speakers? AV receiver with Atmos capability. 

3. Will RP250F too small for my room size?

Have you set a budget for the project yet? 

If you are setting up an Atmos, you should be looking into direct firing speakers like those bookshelves rather than surrounds which scatter the sound. The RP-140SA on your mains would be ideal for height speakers. If you had a room diagram with seating and TV it would help a lot. Pictures would also help. If you have 7-8' ceilings you have almost perfect room dimensions for sound.

As for a receiver, do you have a brand you like? 

Edited by mustang guy

Thks guys.

My ceiling wil be around 8-9ft...My room is ourely for hme theater and only one L-shape sofa.

My thought is

Floor Standing - Pair of RP250F

Center - RP-250C

Surround - Pair of RP240S

Sub - other brand, 12"

Klipsch ceiling speaker for Dolby Atmos or RP-140SA??

AV receiver - Marantz SR-5010. Is this good Av for klipsch speaker?

Just would like to confirm, with pair of RP240S, do I still need RP-140SA? If yes, is RP-140SA goind to replace ceiling speaker? where should I place RP-140SA? on top of floor standing speaker? or hang on the wall?

I'm newbie on home theater setup.

Pls let know my setup is good or not?

Appreciate your help here.

Thks guys.

My ceiling wil be around 8-9ft...My room is ourely for hme theater and only one L-shape sofa.

My thought is

Floor Standing - Pair of RP250F

Center - RP-250C

Surround - Pair of RP240S

Sub - other brand, 12"

Klipsch ceiling speaker for Dolby Atmos or RP-140SA??

AV receiver - Marantz SR-5010. Is this good Av for klipsch speaker?

Just would like to confirm, with pair of RP240S, do I still need RP-140SA? If yes, is RP-140SA goind to replace ceiling speaker? where should I place RP-140SA? on top of floor standing speaker? or hang on the wall?

I'm newbie on home theater setup.

Pls let know my setup is good or not?

Appreciate your help here.

I am repeating myself here. Those RP-240S are surround speakers, not Atmos speakers. Direct fire is more like a bookshelf speaker or a tower speaker and is meant to be pointed in a specific direction. A surround speaker is meant to spread the sound all around. Atmos calls for direct fire and you do not use bi-pole surround speakers. If you truly want Atmos, the rear and side speakers need to be either floorstanding or bookshelf type.

The 140-SA sits on top of the floorstanding speaker and bounces the sound off the ceiling to your listening position. It is simply a more diffused way of having height sound than ceiling speakers.

All this is depending on how important Dolby Atmos is to you. The 5010 is 7.2, but it is also 5.2.2 in Atmos. The 6010 receiver is also a 7.2/5.2.2 but would give you the ability to have two more Atmos speakers in the future (7.2.2 or 5.2.4), but you would need to add an amplifier for that. What I don't understand is why they call these 7.2 AVR's and then when they go into the Atmos sales pitch the sub turns into a 1. There are 2 sub out on the back. What's with that?