"Upgrade" CF-3 V1 and KV4 center to RF7II w/ RC64II?

Lost240

I guess the first question what are you looking to improve? Are you wanting a more modern design.  I have not heard the CF 3 or KV4 so, I can't give a comparison.  What I can tell you is an RF 7, 7 II system with the RC 64 is hard to beat.  It does music and HT very well.  Of the older model Klipsch that I have heard, I guessing the biggest difference will be in the bass delivery.  I think the bass is tighter and harder in the newer speakers.

Some of the XO and other parts may need to be replaced on the older speakers, this may be consideration since the newer RF 7 II's and 64 II will get you another 20-25 years worry free.

Howdy Lost! With those CF-3's you have some very capable speakers! I've never heard the KV4 myself, but from I've read it isn't too shabby itself.

My first question to you is, are you happy with your current rig? 

Do you feel there is something lacking?

If you said yes to the second question have you tried playing around with speaker position, and room calibration to get the most out of your current speakers?

What are you currently powering your speakers with? Maybe before ditching your current speakers maybe you need to look at your receiver, and see if its breathing enough life into your CF-3's.

If you've covered all that and are still underwhelmed it might be a good idea to look at the RF-7 system, which btw I use in my theater and absolutely love!

• Like 2

There is nothing wrong with my setup. Actually, I absolutely love it! I just saw a deal the other day that got me thinking. The RF7iis would be a bit narrower and I could buy them in black so they would disappear a bit better with the lights off and the projector on. I have also heard great things about the center channel, but I don't know how much better it could sound, considering the KV4 is the nicest sounding center channel I have ever had in my setup. I think that I will just stick with what I have. The system certainly sounds great!

post-61898-0-29780000-1461343751_thumb.j

There is nothing wrong with my setup. Actually, I absolutely love it! I just saw a deal the other day that got me thinking. The RF7iis would be a bit narrower and I could buy them in black so they would disappear a bit better with the lights off and the projector on. I have also heard great things about the center channel, but I don't know how much better it could sound, considering the KV4 is the nicest sounding center channel I have ever had in my setup. I think that I will just stick with what I have. The system certainly sounds great!

attachicon.gifCF3.JPG

It is always great to see the Epic's in house.  look at the size of those horns. They put out such a big cohesive sound.