Where should i place the R-14S Speakers?!

Katze

Hello!

In a few days i will finally install my new Klipsch Home Theater!

What do you guys think, where should i place my R-14S Speakers in my room? I could place the m between the window and the wall but there are only 7cm space from wall to the beginning of the speaker.

If i place them above the window they would hang in about 2,10m height. Would that be better?!

Has anybody an Idea for this? :unsure:

By the way: RP160M as Front, RP440C as Center, R-112SW Subwoofer and R-14S as Surround. ;)

greetings

post-62669-0-96360000-1461609750_thumb.p

Edited by Katze

Keep in mind you may need to increase the volume on them a bit, as your fronts are much more efficient and will sound totally different from the rears. Not timbre matched at all.

You may need to get them in a bit closer to your MLP.

My best advice is to ignore your desire to have it done right away.  You can place the fronts and center and sub immediately.

The surrounds, I would recommend putting them on some boxes to start, and moving them forward, back, up and down and trust me, you'll find a spot or 2 or 3 or 5 you like. And one or more WILL have a solution once it's found.  Find it first, then look for the solution that can closely match those positions.  

No matter what else, there is no substitute for testing it live yourself.  No amount of planning or AVR correction can beat field testing it yourself.

My guess is that the height of the surrounds should/will be best about 1 foot above your ear height when seated, possibly 2.

Another guess is that the surrounds will sound best approximately 1 foot behind your listening position, but will sound good in many places.

My experience with a 5.1 system is that they can go in a lot of places and sound good, but that there are specific places YOU will like best.

That could range from a foot in front of your listening position all the way to several feet behind...thus the need to test and find your preference.

• Like 1