Confused on how to configure settings on my Yamaha RX-A3050

toomnymods

I'm trying to run the YPAO and set all the speakers to small to let the sub handle all the low bass response. but every time I run this program it reverts everything back to being large speakers. If I go back in there after I run the program and save it, then go to manual and change everything to small speakers will it override the YPAO AUTO configure settings? Really all Im wanting to do is try to let the receiver do all the hard work, but just go in and make 1 small adjustment and make all the speakers set to small so I can take a big load off of the receiver and get more headroom and clarity.

will this work?

Really all Im wanting to do is try to let the receiver do all the hard work, but just go in and make 1 small adjustment and make all the speakers set to small so I can take a big load off of the receiver and get more headroom and clarity. will this work?

The quick answer is "yes."

I run Audyssey instead of YPAO but the principle is the same.  I think YPAO is highly rated and even though many people don't like the sound of these room correction programs (too flat or dull), I'm a believer.

If you set your speakers to Small I would also set your sub XO to 80 Hz.  You may also consider that if you run your speakers Large as YPAO suggests it may be smoothing out the bass, taking care of some nulls in the room, giving the bass a more full sound everywhere.

To me it comes down to personal preference, what sounds good to your ears in your room with your stuff.

Edited by wvu80

I have the RX-A3020, all I have to do is:

1. run YPAO (I run it for measurements and for angle)

2. Save measurements

3. Go into manual 

4. Go in to the speaker configuration and change everything to small - YPAO makes my LCR and surrounds Large. 

5. Set all of my speaker crossovers to 80hz

That's it - it keeps my settings after that.