Proton D1200 - Satisfy Your Big VU Meter Fetish - $300 Final Offer

BLSamuel

I don't really want to sell this but putting up for sale in hopes I can raise enough money to be able to make the Hope gathering.

Price reduced to $300.  Great AMP.    Really Nice looking VU meeters though the orange on the needles is kind of faint.  Can't afford a Mac with those to die for hug VU meters?  This is the closest you'll get.  

Proton D1200 Stereo Amplifier  Serious Inquiries Only please.  I really do not want to ship this amplifier.  Any buyer is responsible for shipping and packing charges.  It was shipped to me for around $32?.  From California.  Very insufficient packing in my mind. A think layer of bubble wrap around the front in a (thankfully) very sturdy Pioneer receiver box of peanuts.  That's it.  Expect at least $50 or more to pack and ship.   

Available for pickup and/or delivery in Kokomo Indiana and surrounding area.  Will deliver for the $300 to Kokomo and reasonable distances.  Indianapolis.  Lafayette.  Fort Wayne.  South Bend.  

Should be able haul to Hope if I am able to go.  Need to raise some funds for that and some bills.  (sigh).  

I can take and post more pictures if anyone is seriously interested.  Loved this amp since it came out many years ago.  Still do.  

And no. I do not intend to put this on eBay.  Maybe Audiogon or if I can find a Proton Lovers Forum.  Proton, you will remember, began as the high end division of NAD .... or so I read somewhere on the internet. lol

D1200%20Front.jpg

Powering Klipsch CA-5T (left) and AW-525 (right) speakers on Deckzilla by Pondzilla.  Sound meter about 36' away from speakers 12' above ground, meter about 4' above ground.

DSCF0019.jpg

Videos...

https://youtu.be/oTlG96o7ajg 

https://youtu.be/OYiXI0z_RfM

Edited by BLSamuel

Proton was a Taiwanese manufacturer that NAD contracted with.  Their "Power On Demand" on this amp is essentially similar to NAD's "Power Envelope" trickery, basically a dual rail supply allowing the attention grabbing dynamic power numbers (and they do indeed hit them).  Serious power, and those meters!  Very cool old amp.  Almost wish I were closer.

GLWS