kg2s with Crites Titanium and Xovers...

I hadn't planned on doing this but inspired by other threads and convincing my brother he needed to update the crossovers on his H2s, I went and ordered some new crossovers from Bob Crites...

Arrived an hour ago...installed the new crossovers and I can't remember when these kg2s have sounded so good, I've owned them since new...

The Titanium tweeter diaphragms were first and they cleared up the raspiness of the old and worn original diaphragms...I thought that alone made these pretty good and thought that would be enough...right...

I hadn't intended to do the crossovers as the cost more than the speakers would sell for BUT now the speakers sound articulate and airy...no, I don't think these will replace Heresys, Quartets or Chorus lls that I have (all now have upgraded crossovers and all but the Heresys have the Titanium tweeter modification from BEC/Bob Crites) but they sure sound nice and FAR cleaner and clearer than they did before...maybe even better than new since the new diaphragms go higher and cleaner...

​Bob informed me that mine are the first kg2 purpose built new Xovers he has built...cool...

Thanks Bob and to everyone here who writes about their gear adventures that inspire me to continue mine.

Bill

Edited by silversport
  • Like 4

I have 2 pairs of 4.2s and a pair of 3.2s. They all sound thin and lame. I'm thinking of doing the tweets and the xovers as well.

How much did you pay for the tweets? Xovers?

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk