Life

oldtimer

Speak for yourself. 

And there is a big difference in an old person who passes vs someone who hasn't had a chance to live.

So says jweber.

Really?  So you are willing to make a judgment about the worth of one life against another?  This is a nice can of worms now innit? 

Speak for yourself. 

And there is a big difference in an old person who passes vs someone who hasn't had a chance to live.

So says jweber.

Really?  So you are willing to make a judgment about the worth of one life against another?  This is a nice can of worms now innit? 

That's too easy

To expand on the simplicity of who decides:

There is a large difference in the cycle of life (out with the old(timers) and in with the ones who've not enjoyed life, yet / vs a young person's life cut short due to misfortune. 

So would you just let the old lady go because as you said there is a big difference between her and the less gator wary?

In your example, there is a lifew time difference in the old lady vs the child. If one is to go, who should it be?

It's not so much who should it be, it is who gets to decide, and why should they get to be the one to decide.  In the case of the toddler, the gator decides.

• Like 1

So would you just let the old lady go because as you said there is a big difference between her and the less gator wary?

In your example, there is a life time difference in the old lady vs the child. If one is to go, who should it be?

It's not so much who should it be, it is who gets to decide, and why should they get to be the one to decide.  In the case of the toddler, the gator decides.

Are we talking of one's rationale is of the level of the gator, just stirring the pot or a fidiot? :P  

Edited by jweber

In your example, there is a lifew time difference in the old lady vs the child. If one is to go, who should it be?

You said I get to be the who

I didn't say you get to be the one, I merely asked for your opinion.

Sorry, the word "let" got me all excited. 

It is what it is: 

I wish there was only the cycle of life and long lives at that. Having the "chance / risk"...I believe we value life more, especially the vulnerability death at a young age, we treasure our children, more. 

It's always sad when a family member dies.  We just had a massacre in Orlando.  Next there is a toddler taken by a gator.  This toddler was deprived of growing up to be gay and then slaughtered in a gay bar massacre.  Every turkey dies, but not every turkey truly lives.

• Like 1

Both of my parents have DNR orders filed, and are thankful that Death With Dignity is only one state away.

In this example, I hope THEY decide.

Forget it, these two are playing tennis and we are just bystanders. Mom is in the hospital right now with a DNR on her wrist. Brain cancer and she is a heart patient. We just go day to day...