FS: Carver TFM-15 Power Amplifier - $150

tlarwa

Selling because I don't use it enough. Amp works great and sounds terrific. The only issue with it is that the left channel power meter is stuck. From what I read, this is a common issue, and could be a mechanical problem with the mini ball bearings that the needle rides on. Since the amp works 100% perfectly (absolutely no issues with the left channel output ... it's purely a meter problem) I elected not to dig into it at the risk of creating other problems. The A/B speaker selector and meter range buttons work fine (well, the right meter range works fine anyway).

I used this amp to drive a pair of Boston Acoustics A150 speakers (also for sale). And it did a terrific job delivering plenty of power to drive them properly. They don't make them like this anymore, especially for anywhere near this price. Here are the specs:

Power: 100W per channel into 8 ohms, 140W into 4 ohms and 200W dynamic power into 2 ohms
Distortion: THD < 0.1% from 20Hz to 20kHz
Noise: 110dB A-weighted referenced to rated power
Gain: 31dB with input level controls fully clockwise
Input impedance: 30k ohms
Weight: 17.2 lbs, 7.8 kgs

$150 + actual shipping from 53147. I've shipped a lot of electronics without issue, so be confident it'll arrive 100% safely. I can send more pics if you're interested, including the internals.

Tom

carver 1.JPG

Edited by tlarwa

Hey Tom,

Have ya listed your amp over at thecarversite? Maybe one of those Carver guys might take it off your hands.

If it was a TFM-55 or 55x we would be talking.....lol lol.....

Good luck....

MKP :-)

Good idea.  I actually have a log-in there!

Bump for another price drop ... I am in the market for another tube amp (just sold my Red Wine Audio amp) and really don't need this one anymore.  I'm tempted to keep it for a back-up or sub amp, but I'm not one to hoard equipment.  $175.00.  

Last price drop.  $150 + shipping.  It's a give-away price, but I really don't have a need for the amp anymore (sold my pre-amp when I bought my new Rogue Audio Cromus Magnum integrated).  It's sitting on a shelf, and I'm not an audio hoarder...