Any Klipsch fan's in Oklahoma?

Craig6519

Craig,

I am running Khorns left and right with a pro Heresy center, LaScalas for surrounds and KLF30's for the back speakers. No sub yet, I am debating SVS Ultras or RSW15. I will probably get another pair of Heresys for the back and move the KLF30's to the bedroom.

I used to run the KLF30s up front with a C7, then moved up to LaScalas, then to the Khorns. The 30s are very good, but to my ear there is a dramatic improvement with the Heritage speakers. The highs are much more detailed and the bass is a good deal tighter and more accurate in my opinion.

Roadhawg, I can't speak for the RSW-15 or the SVS Ultra, but I'm running two SVS 20-39CS+ subs with the samson S1000 and the bass is incredible. I'd go SVS all the way. I sure wish i had K-horns Frown.gif Anyway what color are your Legends? Medium Oak by any chance? Only asking in case down the road you might want to part with them. Anyway sounds like you have an awesome system, you must have a huge living room. Take it easy.

Craig

Craig, as a matter of fact they are in medium oak. I got the last pair for sale at Ultimate Electronics here in Tulsa. I'll keep you in mind if I decide to let go of them in the future.

Glad you're pleased with your subs. I haven't heard from anyone yet who has had a bad thing to say about SVS products. In all likelihood the CS+ would probably be fine for me, but there's always that little something telling me not to cut any corners. That little something has cost me a lot of money over the years.

Do you find your CS's to be tight and accurate? My big fear is that I'll wind up with a sub that sounds boomy and splattered like an auto sub. I'm looking for something that will be seamless with the Khorns and I'm leaning more towards the SVS than the RSW.

Roadhawg, There is nothing, boomy or splattered about the SVS subs. They are the tightest most accurate subs I've ever heard, as a matter of fact I didn't even understand what a real sub was supposed to sound like until I first heard the SVS subs. The CS+ are my second set from SVS, I had the CS prior and sold them to a friend just to upgrade. Is it better now, we'll it just depends on how far you push it.

Craig

Hello Craig,

Currently I have a four speaker system. The right and left are a matched pair of 1986 Heresy II's on slant stands (birch w/ cane grills).

My center (using PK's design of a mixing box and mono amp) is a "homemade" Klipsch hybrid. It has a ElectroVoice T-35 (K-77) tweeter, An ElectroVoice M-10 mid (same diaphram as the T-35...voice matched and horn size about he same as the K700), and a Klipsch K-1008-V woofer all run off of a E-2 Heresy crossover. I had to build this center because it sits under my TV and the Heresys totally trashed the screen with the big woofer magnet. No Academy has tried to force it's way into my house as of yet...I keep hoping!

Since I have a small room (no more additions possible) I am using a Yamaha YST-45 subwoofer. Not large but adds nicely to the total mix. It is shielded and sits beside the center under the TV.

We are planning on building a new house and in the designs I have made room and plans for a true 7.1 Klipsch home entertainment system. Till then I must say I am very pleased with the mix-and-match I now have. I have always (at least 30 years) loved the Heritage sound. Gets no better than that!