My Brother Needs to Trade in His KLF-30's

jjptkd

My brother has been enjoying my old 30's for a few years now and he absolutely loves them. Thing is, his wife does not like the size of those unsightly giant black boxes that seem to dominate their smallish living room. He doesn't want to compromise sound quality or sheer output of the 30's but is willing to try and please the wife and get a more "acceptable" speaker.

I told him yeah, good luck with that one! Might be easier to trade in the wife.. :ph34r:  Any way, looking at the different models available and was thinking the RF-63 or RF-5 would probably work better size wise for their situation, anyone ever compare either of these two models with the KLF-30's? FWIW, they could fit a small sub to help with the lower end if need be. Any input would be appreciated, thanks!

Jesse

what about having a local cabinet shop place a layer of his wife's favorite wood veneer on those ugly black boxes and find a color match grill cloth to the upholstery in the room. Makes a huge difference to the  visual aesthetic.

• Like 1