RF35 Vs more modern speakers

Jonnoh

Hi, just built a tube amp and am looking for efficient speakers so I can actually hear something. I'm trying not to spend too much and are looking at a secondhand pair of  RF35s. I appreciate that these are 10 years old. I was just wondering how they compare to more modern similar speakers; new RF-62 are three times the asking price. 

Thanks

Jon

They hold up extremely well. I, for one, prefer the RF-35 over the succeeding RF-82 and the following RF-82ii.

I don't feel like you would be gaining a single thing by buying a newer used model.

The RF-35s are fantastic and very underrated!

• Like 2

it was right after the RF 35 was made that Klipsch decided to have the non heritage speakers made and assembled in china.. All the new reference line of speakers are now being make in china, except for the RF-7 i believe.. Do you want speakers that were assembled by a kid in sweat shop in china, or by a Klipsch employee in Hope Arkansas? I own a pair if RF-3's and like them a lot.

• Like 1

OK thanks for that; unfortunately I was too late with the auction and missed out but I will keep my eyes open.....!

First of all, welcome to the Klipsch Forum.  Excellent question and it looks like you got some excellent answers.

One service provided here (informal) is you now have access to a group of Klipsch fanatics several of whom scour the internet everyday and come up with great deals on pre-listened to speakers.

If you don't mind listing where you're from and then let people know what you WTB and in what price range.  I would not be surprised if we could find you something.

-Dave

• Like 1

Thanks very much Dave.... :)

I'm in Australia, specifically South Australia. I have also been having a look at their RP-160M which of course is of a different genre but is around half the price of say an RP-250F and has generally good reviews. Annoyingly their speakers are much more expensive here, but by the time you factor in the exchange rate and shipping come to about the same price, even if I manage to find a dealer who is willing to ship it (presumably they're trying to protect the local distributor)...

Jon

Thanks very much Dave.... :)I'm in Australia, specifically South Australia.

We'll do out best Jonnoh,but I can see this might take a while.

OK GUYS, SOUTH AUSTRALIA, LET'S FIND SOMETHING FOR OUR NEW MATE!

• Like 1