Klipsch Chorus II, Uniontown PA

RuralTom

Little heavy on the sales technique... but I just copied from one original listing when I put 'em out there.... $1200 

One set of US-made, consecutive serial numbered Klipsch Chorus II speakers in gorgeous oak veneer.  The consecutive serial number have no bearing on how they sound, but makes for perfectly matched veneers that can be proudly displayed in any room.  Recently given a little TLC with a couple fresh coats of Watco Danish Oil to insure the perfect luster for their next owner.

The Chorus II represents the absolute top of the line for Klipsch speakers, great engineering and design and steps ahead -still!- of the original Heritage line.  In fact this model was discontinued for the very fact that it was out-selling the original Heritage line models like the Cornwalls, La Scalas, Belles, etc. and hurting their bottom line, not due to a lack of positive reviews or buyer demand.  The Tratrix mid horn exudes a natural, more refined and relaxed presentation than any of the previous exponential horns.  The 15" woofer matched with the 15" passive in the non ported cabinet allows for deeper and tighter bass than it's forbearers -the Chorus I- or Cornwalls, etc.

A number of key upgrades have been made to this pair to bring it on par with the best of speakers on the market today.  Titanium diaphragms were swapped in for the original -Crites in the tweeters and Klipsch replacements for the mids- allowing for extraordinarily a clear, crisp and highly detailed soundstage with extended highs and full rich midrange.  Additionally, internal wiring replaced with pure silver to the tweeters, silver coated copper to the mids and super heavy gauge Monster copper to the woofers.

The entire crossover was rebuilt with high quality parts: a beefier Crites autotransformer, 12 and 14 gauge Solen air coil inductors, Dueland resistors and 1% tolerance capacitors.  Vastly superior to the original crossover quality, allowing for a full, open presentation and takes full advantage of the diaphragm upgrades.

Fantastic speakers that I hate to part with, but have moved along in my constant search to compile the 'perfect' stereo.

010.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

051.JPG

12 hours ago, jweber said:

That is the way we move up the chain

And the new is what? 

After years with horns, I've turned to the dark side....  I recently picked up a pair of Dunlavy SC-IVs that have changed my whole perspective on speakers for the time being.   

54 minutes ago, RuralTom said:

I recently picked up a pair of Dunlavy SC-IVs that have changed my whole perspective on speakers for the time being.   

Just googled the Dunlavy's and holy smokes are they tall!  

Great looking pair of Chorus too...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FuzzyDog said:

Just googled the Dunlavy's and holy smokes are they tall!  

Great looking pair of Chorus too...

Massive speakers at 6' and 180+ pounds.  I'm glad I had Altec A7s in the house when my then-future wife moved in...  she'd gladly live with just about anything -aesthetically- after that.  After any number of speakers I've had in our time together, the Dunlavys are the first that actually made a good impression on her sonically.