djk, ever hear of Cedar Brew Pub?

Randy Bey

I think it's down the street from your company.

I'll be driving through Cedar Rapids on the way to Iowa City Sunday. Probably be near CBP around supper.

Ever have their ribs? They make their own sauce, the ribs themselves are mediocre, but add their 'Red Baron' sauce and they are truly world class.

I'll be there early, like 5 oclockish, hard to say exactly on trips of that scale. That might not work out for you, but all the next week I'll only be about 20 minutes from there.

Their beer is good, assuming you drink beer.

Used to be a place on the main drag back into downtown, close to there, kittycorner from the BB, had excellent ribs but lousy sauce. Thought if you took the ribs from the one place and the sauce from the other, boy oh boy...

Do I eat a lot of ribs when I'm traveling? Is the bear Polish? Does a Pope....

The place across from BB was a chain place, never ate there.

Now OTOH Jim's Rib Haven....now we're talking sauce. I asked for some sauce to take home. They put it in a styrofoam drink cup. The stuff started sweating through the sides of the cup before I got home. It had to be in a glass container.

Did I mention that their sauce was hot?

"Yeah, this ribs thing is actually scaring me a bit... Randy, what has the cold done to you?"

Actually, I think BBQ is a southern thing. The theory is the further south you go, the more spice is used in the cooking(lack of proper refrigeration).

I'll take something with me to read and hang out at CBP.