La Scala tweeter replacement

Twotone 23

I just bought some La Scalas I have a buzzing or vibrating sound in the top tweeter or horn.

I think this is the tweeter but not sure. I read here that replacements are available that are the same fit as he original ones but sound better. The form writer said they are drop in and made by some one here.

How hard is it to change these out?

Is there any how to for this?

Can some one tel me  the best drop in replacement and how to get them.

Sorry about all the questions but would like to get these sounding good and have never worked on a speaker before

Thanks in advance

Twotone 23

www.critesspeakers.com

He has a couple of different ones. I used his ct125 tweeters, maybe ten minutes to swap them out. Tilt the cabinet and lay face down on the floor (a rug or carpet underneath would be nice). Use a long skinny Phillips screwdriver. It's not hard.

Bruce

23 minutes ago, Twotone 23 said:

I just bought some La Scalas I have a buzzing or vibrating sound in the top tweeter or horn.

I think this is the tweeter but not sure. I read here that replacements are available that are the same fit as he original ones but sound better. The form writer said they are drop in and made by some one here.

How hard is it to change these out?

Is there any how to for this?

Can some one tel me  the best drop in replacement and how to get them.

Sorry about all the questions but would like to get these sounding good and have never worked on a speaker before

Thanks in advance

Twotone 23

Thanks you for he info

I looked and thought that it would be easy but wanted to make sure before I try.

I see the 120 and 125 both recommended what is the difference?

One more question. How would I know if the cross over needs to be replaced? I see it has AA on it as others have said?

17 minutes ago, Marvel said:

www.critesspeakers.com

He has a couple of different ones. I used his ct125 tweeters, maybe ten minutes to swap them out. Tilt the cabinet and lay face down on the floor (a rug or carpet underneath would be nice). Use a long skinny Phillips screwdriver. It's not hard.

Bruce

Thanks Bruce Is he sound better from these than the originals?

I like the sound of the eminence apt50 driver on the drop in horn that Bob made. Some don't like it, that's just the way it is. The K77 can actually be a little raspy sounding, which I believe some call high end. To me, Bob's sounds smoother.

Bruce

10 minutes ago, Marvel said:

I like the sound of the eminence apt50 driver on the drop in horn that Bob made. Some don't like it, that's just the way it is. The K77 can actually be a little raspy sounding, which I believe some call high end. To me, Bob's sounds smoother.

Bruce

Does that mean the apt50 is more musical. Mine are at leat raspy but think they are toast. I want what ever would be more musical I guess smother fits here

How old are they? If the crossover has the large metal motor run caps, then the answer is probably yes, they should be replaced. Bob sells upgrade kits, and that will take them back to something close or to the original parts. DeanG can do extraordinary crossovers that are superb and works of physical and visual/aural works of art.

Bruce

21 minutes ago, Marvel said:

How old are they? If the crossover has the large metal motor run caps, then the answer is probably yes, they should be replaced. Bob sells upgrade kits, and that will take them back to something close or to the original parts. DeanG can do extraordinary crossovers that are superb and works of physical and visual/aural works of art.

Bruce

Yes they are the large metal caps