1972 corner horn

chrisreiffel

I would recap the AAs and be done. You could do the tweeter change and crossover mod change to 4500 but that requires a tweeter from Bob. There are a lot posts on here on what needs to be done and could be done.

I would also check the air tightness of the woofer chamber on those being 72s. Its pretty easy to do but kinda hard to explain here.

It all depends on how far you want to go making these sound as good as possible do not forget to use pipe insulation to seal woofer unit to corner also the horizontal part of the woofer chamber.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ricktate said:

I would recap the AAs and be done. You could do the tweeter change and crossover mod change to 4500 but that requires a tweeter from Bob. There are a lot posts on here on what needs to be done and could be done.

I would also check the air tightness of the woofer chamber on those being 72s. Its pretty easy to do but kinda hard to explain here.

It all depends on how far you want to go making these sound as good as possible do not forget to use pipe insulation to seal woofer unit to corner also the horizontal part of the woofer chamber.

La Scalas w/ grippers,HeresyII,HeresyI,1972 K-Horns w/Grippers

What are grippers?

Well grippers are the furniture pad things I got from wally world. HDBR had told me of them years ago. If your speakers are sitting on a smooth surface these will grip and separate the speaker from the floor. They are not called grippers anymore but they still have them. I tried them on my Scalas first not sure how to prove it works but try them for your self. If I remember the story from HDBR he helped do an install one time and used them and PWK even approved. Have to ask him for that story again.

18 hours ago, ricktate said:

Well grippers are the furniture pad things I got from wally world. HDBR had told me of them years ago. If your speakers are sitting on a smooth surface these will grip and separate the speaker from the floor. They are not called grippers anymore but they still have them. I tried them on my Scalas first not sure how to prove it works but try them for your self. If I remember the story from HDBR he helped do an install one time and used them and PWK even approved. Have to ask him for that story again.

Thanks.