buy r26f or r28f?

swapnil

for r26f and r28f speaker which is receiver or amp is good, is it necessary to have a receiver or it can be connected to tv through a cable,

my room is around 180-200 sqft and like it a bit loud sound. so which one is better in that two or any other better anyone could suggest?

and is one speaker fine or two for the above said space of my room?

Welcome.

On-giong discussion similar to this here:

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/166440-r-28f-or-r-26f/

1. All passive speakers need amplification by an amplifier or receiver.  Unless your TV is a Pioneer Kuro - you will need a receiver.

2. I recommend neither, personally.  I'd recommend either the RP-260F or the RP-280F.

and also if i have ps4, still i will be needing a receiver or ps4 can act as a receiver, and if not, does the receiver needs to be with atmos?

is RP260F OR RP280F better for that kind of room space and is it in the same budget range?

No, a PS4 is a source, not an amplifier.  Amplifiers will have some sort of speaker connections on the back.

The receiver doesn't HAVE to be Atmos.  If you want to use Atmos then it will need to have Atmos, otherwise no.  Likewise, you'd need to have speakers that would help you get the Atmos experience in your room.  Additionally, you'd also have to have a source that is capable of transmitting an Atmos signal.

As for the RP-260F or 280F, they will be at a higher price point.  I don't think they're that much higher, but they're worth the expense.  The R-28F and R-26F are substantially weaker for the money you're dropping into them.  You could also look for used speakers on CL.  RF-62's and RF-82's are readily found.  Just remember, if Atmos is what you're looking for the RP-280FA would be the best bet, and it's at the highest end of the Reference price bracket outside of the RF-7 II.

wow thanx alot and appreciate your reply, Ibiza. THE Speakers rp260-280f are very much expensive in my country(India),  as compare to the r26-28f as i just checked. they are like for 2500$- 3000$. so accordingly which recever should i go for in mid range. my whole budget i can stretch it to 1000$, so in that i need to get all things (receiver and speaker(s)).

You may also consider using RP-160M's and a subwoofer.  If I remember right, the R-28F system runs about $1,000 USD - not sure if that translates the same into Rupee's (I believe that's the currency?).

Any rate...

Amplification, Denon's tend to be well centered, as well as Yamaha and Pioneer.  Have you looked at any units already?

Marantz is good.  They're essentially the same units as Denon, as they're both owned by the same company.  The speakers you have ahold of aren't the grandeur of Klipsch - I'd invest more money in the speakers at this point than a "beefy" amp.  Klipsch's speaker design is such that they don't require much power.  20 WPC would do wonders for you.

Do-It-Yourself (DIY) speaker kits will yield you the best bang for your buck a lot of the time, but convenience wise, the R-28F's aren't BAD speakers.  I don't want to give you that impression.  They're simply entry level speakers that may lack the certain charm that many Klipsch speakers provide.

As far as the comment on receivers, the X1200 is a solid unit, and based on your speaker options would be just fine for what you want to do.

ohh ok. so receiver is fixed (X1200) now just the remaining thing is about speakers, now you have me contemplating that whether i should buy r26-28f as you said that they dont have that kind of charm as other klipsch speakers.