Adding stereo amp to AVR

YK Thom

I have a new set of front mains on the way (Ohm Walsh Tall 2000). They are less efficient than the stand mounted RB61 IIs Iam currently using. I am considering that I may need (or want), a boost for the front left/right due to this lessened efficiency as well as the fact they draw 6ohms vs 8 for the surrounds and centre. Any recommendations for a two channel putting out 150watts or better that will sound nice without breaking the bank?

8 minutes ago, willland said:

What kind of budget for that stereo amp?

Bill

Without knowing your budget, let me suggest guys.  I owned five of the MA-700's at one time and thought they were just wonderful amps.  Warmish but detailed and plenty of grunt with 200w@8ohms, 300w/ch@4ohms.

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/649308635-marantz-ma700/

Marantz MA-700Marantz MA-700

If you did not like them, they easily would sell for what you buy them for or even more.

Bill

1 hour ago, willland said:

Without knowing your budget, let me suggest guys.  I owned five of the MA-700's at one time and thought they were just wonderful amps.  Warmish but detailed and plenty of grunt with 200w@8ohms, 300w/ch@4ohms.

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/649308635-marantz-ma700/

Marantz MA-700Marantz MA-700

If you did not like them, they easily would sell for what you buy them for or even more.

Bill

Wow, I've not seen these before. I am a Marantz fan in general and am using a Marantz AVR. These are in Canadian dollars and may be ticket.

edit: sent a message off to see if he is willing to ship north from Saskatchewan. If he is that may be the quickest solved problem I've had in a while.