99¢ Subwoofer..

MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE

This sub was a e-bay score about a year ago. I saw the listing for this thing and put a bid in for a buck. The listing said it was not working and the amp was 220 volt.... I was thinking it doesn't look that bad, could have a cast frame woofer......who knows. There was no maker of the unit listed.....

A day later I saw I was the winning bidder (the only bidder)..... It was about half hour ride to pick-up this gem.

The wife and I drove down to pick it up.....gave my man a buck and told him to keep the change. Got it back to house and pulled the woofer out to find some cheap stamped steel thing... oh well, not a big deal. In my extra parts collection I had a Dayton Audio 12" Titanic sub and a Dayton Audio subwoofer amp. 

Well that sub has been sitting around for the last year or so not doing anything... This week I pulled it apart a started prepping it for the Dayton woofer and amp... 

This is going to a cheap build.... just replace the woofer and amp, maybe some bracing and cover it with Duratex. It's going to be used in the shop. The Velodine at the shop has taken a dump...

So we'll see how this thing turns out:P

MKP :-)

IMG_20161102_193627.jpg

IMG_20161102_193704.jpg

IMG_20161102_193754.jpg

• Like 1