What I made Yesterday: Hakka Noodles

Jeff Matthews

This stuff is very good!  Instead of putting marinara on spaghetti, try some beef/shrimp/chicken with your vegetables of choice.  The sauce is a mix of plum chutney (plum sauce), soy sauce, Sriracha sauce and peanut butter.  Yes, peanut butter!  I wouldn't have figured peanut butter in your noodles could be that good, but it is!

I used chicken, red bell, green bell, green chiles, jalapenos, white onion, green onion, broccoli, mushrooms, cilantro, garlic and ginger.  Rather than throw all these veggies in at the same time, you can't do that.  You have to soften the hard ones first.  First, add garlic and ginger to hot oil.  When it browns, add the broccoli for a few minutes.  Then, add the peppers and white onion until they soften.   At this point, you should make the sauce as shown in the video.  Then, add the mushrooms and let them soften for 1 minute or so.  Don't let your veggies overcook and wither away.  When done, add green onions and cilantro.  Then, add noodles and meat and stir, stir, stir.

• Moderators

Looks good, I like the idea of the peanut butter and especially the Sriracha they will blend and give a nice overall flavor. I love recipes like this and it can be done in thousands of different variations.