TV Picture Problems

erikjohn

I just upgraded my Yamaha HT 5250 with the RX-V1 last night. I brought it home and got it all hooked up, which wasn't to hard because since I got the K-Horns in the living room I no longer have any of my components out there due to lack of space. All I have hooked up now is the X-Box which I use for CD's and DVD's. At any rate the RX-V1 is sitting on top of one of the K-Horns same as the 5250 was. The hookup configuration of the new amp is no different than the old but now I have faint but annoying verticle lines on the TV Screen which can be seen in the background. My first guess would be I am getting interference somwhere in the signal. I need to do more trouble shooting but I schecked all of the connections last night and they were all good. Is it possible that the amp is so sensitive it is picking up interference that the old amp didn't pass through? My video cables aren't top of the line (S-Video) but they aren't crap either.

------------------

K-horn's(Main)

Cornwall's(Rear)

Heresey's(Center)

KSW-12(Sub)

Yamaha HTR 5150

61" Hitachi WIDESCREEN

Dish Net w/Opt Out

Xbox w/Comp Out(DVD)

JVC S-VHS

Pioneer 6 Disk CD

Sony Minidisk

-------------------------

Can you hear me now?

Anything is possible.

I've had problems, where simply moving the cable a few inches in either direction solved the probelm.

Could it be a bad connection on the receiver? Maybe one of the connections has a loose wire.

I once bought am EQ and it had a wire loose internally and was causing a "skipping" sound on the left speaker of my stereo.

Got it fixed under warranty and it has worked great ever since.

Just a few thoughts.

------------------

Mains: KLF 10's

Center: RC-3 (I know--doesn't match mains)

Surrounds: Quintets

Receiver: Denon 3802

DVD: Denon DVD-900

TV: Sony 36XBR400

VCR: Mitsubishi HS-U48

LaserDisc: Pioneer D605

MIT T2 and T3cables throughout

Is it just messing up on Svideo or other inputs (NTSC or component). I don't run anything but NTSC composite through my receiver and I don't notice any video problems. I run svideo from the Sat box and component video fron the DVD directly to the TV. I don't have hi-dollar cables either, but haven't seen a problem there.

If I can find another svideo cable, I will try to hook mine up that way tonight and let you know what I find. Also try to change to another input like Doug suggested.

------------------

Jim

Family Room:

1978 Klipschorns (mains), 1979 La Scalas (rear surrounds), 1978 Heresy's on the way

Yamaha RX-V1 Reciever, Yamaha CDC-655 CD Player, Toshiba SD-1200 DVD, Toshiba TN50X81 50" HDTV

Bedroom:

Yamaha RX-V590, SF-1's Mainsc>s>

JT,

Trying a different input was the very first thing I tried. I am currently running the Sat direct to TV which works fine but since the reciever is new I can take it back if the problem isn't on my end. I'm wondering if the SAT box has interference in it and that the reiceiver's sensitivity may be so high that it is picking up the interference and amplifying it. I am not sure if there is an internal amp on the video inputs but it wouldn't surprise me that the amp would bring up any signal levels to spec before sending them out rather than use pass through switching.

Erik

------------------

K-horn's(Main)

Cornwall's(Rear)

Heresey's(Center)

KSW-12(Sub)

Yamaha HTR 5150

61" Hitachi WIDESCREEN

Dish Net w/Opt Out

Xbox w/Comp Out(DVD)

JVC S-VHS

Pioneer 6 Disk CD

Sony Minidisk

-------------------------

Can you hear me now?

I never had a problem with the video from my TWC HDTV box but did have a terrible hum on the audio side. I ended up running the cable from the wall outlet to my Monster HTS-3500 cable input. I then ran another cable from the HTS-3500 cable output into the Receiver. It is now dead quiet.

If you have one of those Surge Suppressors that filter a cable, try that if you get a chance...

Mike

try bypassing the receiver for your video source, then try another input, then try another output(whose input is not being used).

kudos on your choice of receiver-that's a BAD BOY!!

avman.

------------------

1-pair klf 30's

c-7 center (looking for 1-m.o.klf-20)

ksps-6 surrounds

RSW-15

sony strda-777ES receiver upgraded to v.2.02 including virtual matrix 6.1

sony playstation 2

sony dvpnc 650-v 5-disc dvd/cd/SACD changer

dishnetwork model 6000 HD sat rcvr w/digital off-air tuner

jvc s-vhs-et hi-fi stereo vcr

sony kv36xbr450 high-definition 4:3 tv

sharp xv-z1u lcd projector w/84" 4:3 sharp screen

Bello'international Italian-made a/v furniture

panamax max dbs+5 surge protector/power conditioner

monster cable and nxg interconnects/12 gua.speaker wire

Natuzzi red leather furniture set

KLIPSCH-So Good It Hz!

I tried running both the video out and the svideo from the sat box throuth the RX-V1 to the tv and couldn't see any interferrence lines. In fact I couldn't tell a difference in picture quality, but it's late and I'm tired.

Sounds like it needs to go back.

------------------

Jim

Family Room:

1978 Klipschorns (mains), 1979 La Scalas (rear surrounds), 1978 Heresy's on the way

Yamaha RX-V1 Reciever, Yamaha CDC-655 CD Player, Toshiba SD-1200 DVD, Toshiba TN50X81 50" HDTV

Bedroom:

Yamaha RX-V590, SF-1's Mainsc>s>

Thanks for the help guys. I still don't know what is causing my problem. I did hook the the component video and that seems to wrok fine so I guess I am just going to forget about the problem since I don't see myself doing a whole lot of switching with the S-video. I did notice that as soon as I plug the monitor out from the amp into the TV S-Video on the TV with no source picture I can see faint lines so somewhere something it's definitely coming from the amp.

------------------

K-horn's(Main)

Cornwall's(Rear)

Heresey's(Center)

KSW-12(Sub)

Yamaha HTR 5150

61" Hitachi WIDESCREEN

Dish Net w/Opt Out

Xbox w/Comp Out(DVD)

JVC S-VHS

Pioneer 6 Disk CD

Sony Minidisk