Blast from my past...KILLER vintage system

Mallette

About 40 years ago I put together a system for my then, and now, dear friends.  I hadn't heard them in well over a decade until this week while visiting with them and other dear friends of very long time for Thanksgiving in Austwell, Texas on San Antonio Bay.  They'd acquired a second home there, having already had one there for a long time.  The Dynacos had been off line for years.  Terry's husband couldn't be there, so I decided to move them to the new place and hook them up for him.  I'd expected to set it up as a DyanQuad system as Doug has one.  But we couldn't locate it and he wasn't sure where it was.  At first, as they were already there, I hooked up a pair of Klipsch Tangent's (seen sitting on a stove in the lamplight picture) out of phase.  But they were too efficient and with no DynaQuad box no way to adjust.  So, went and got the Dynaco A-25s and replaced them.  PERFECT!  Needed no adjustment as they are basically half A5s.  The sound was extraordinary.  With a good, clean sub this system would be as good as my ears ever want.  Made me feel really good to have chosen these 40 years ago for friends and be able to put them back into service and have my friends thrilled yet again. 

Did some Adele, my "Peasant Celebration" recording, DSOTM, and, of course, some Firesign for a quad check.  Firesign distribution was as discrete to all channels as the best THX and far more natural...since it IS entirely natural and not a process.  Ambience from the other analog and digital sources was just awesome.  Told them they really didn't even need to install the DynaQuad in that system as long as they continue to use the all Dynaco speakers.  Doesn't need a thing.  Great Friday night party and listening session to end a wonderful week!

Dave

20161125_170118.jpg

20161125_211934.jpg

20161125_170105.jpg

• Like 2