Paragon within driving range

Clipped and Shorn

C & S

The description is slightly misleading as the Paragon is a complete stereo speaker system in a single cabinet but requires an external input source such as an amp or a receiver,(kinda like batteries not included).

------------------

It is meet to recall that the Great Green Heron rarely flies upside down in the moonlight - (Foo Ling ca.1900)

I doubt too many Paragons ended up at thrift stores!

They are AWESOME in many ways, but as far as how they sound? There is a VERY narrow "sweet spot" and you can't tune it at all, as the speaker placement is fixed. They have a flabby low end as well. I actually "passed" on one for FOUR thousand dollars a few years ago. Needless to say, I now feel like an idiot!

I know a guy who ended up with one of these when Hugh Hefner was closing up the Chicago Playboy mansion in the 1970's. He got a Paragon, a pair of Marantz 9's, a Marantz 7T preamp and a turntable and open-reel deck (don't remember what brands/models of these). He got the lot for less than a thousand dollars!!

The Playboy story is true! The Paragon and all the hi-fi gear was stored outside under tarps next to the (empty) swimming pool. The guy who bought the stuff says everything had been stored that way for weeks, if not months! He told me he might have been able to get the stuff even cheaper, because when they told him to make an offer, he told them "a grand OK?" and they SNAPPED at the offer! I met this guy at a hifi shop in Berkeley CA and we got to talking. We both had Marantz 9's at the time and became freinds.