WTB RS-7s, RS-35's or RS-3ii's

BlueJester

Greetings,

This is my first post, however I have been lurking and reading for over a year now and I see that some of you have a penchant for hoarding various Klipsch speakers. :)

I was wondering if anyone might have a pair of (preferably white) RS-7s, RS-35 or RS-3ii speakers that they would be interested in selling?

Best Regards, 

Jester

Edited by BlueJester

• Moderators
1 hour ago, BlueJester said:

I have been lurking and reading for over a year now and I see that some of you have a penchant for hoarding various Klipsch speakers.

Welcome Jester...looks like you will fit in nicely here.  You too will be infected with the disease soon. 

I just recently was able to hook up a friend with a pair of White RS-7's.

He absolutely loves them.  They are a significant upgrade over his previous RS-35. 

Best wishes with your search.

Hi Youthman, thank you for the welcome and well wishes.

That was an outstanding deal you scored for your friend, that particular pair looked like they were in mint condition. Those are exactly what I'm looking for and I'm sure they're not easy to come by, especially in white.

I just moved into a new home and am working on getting my HT setup in my living room. I have a pair of p38f's and the matching p27c for my front stage and a pair of p312w's to handle the low end, but I don't have any surrounds thus far. Unfortunately I have no place on the walls where the matching p27s' would fit due to their size, and I'm trying to avoid in-wall/in-ceiling at all costs (in wall won't really work and my wife and I both agree we don't want to cut into the ceiling. 

The optimal height for surround speakers for my room (and for WAF) would be ~10". I know timbre matching for surrounds is nice, but not a must, so I figure as long as I keep the surrounds as Klipsch brand with horn loaded, titanium tweeters, with sufficient power handling (currently also in the market for an amp that can push ~200w@4ohms), then I should be fine. With all that in mind, I'm thinking a pair of RS-7's would be my best bet. The room is ~20'L x 13'W x 8'H and open to to a small dining area at the back, so probably around 3300 cubic ft total, so I'd also be open to RS-35's or even RS-3ii's if anyone thinks they would be able to keep up with the rest of the system in that space. My preference is for white to match the room, but I'll take a black pair just as quick (easy enough to paint and re-grill them).

Thanks again!

Edited by BlueJester