Center channel wiring

Dezmo919

I recently purchased 2 g-28 for my left and right.  Also, purchased a g-42 that I want to wire as a center channel.  It is my understanding it is an lcr speaker.  How would you suggest that I wire it so it functions as only a center channel since I will have the g-28s for my left and right?

Thank you for the advice. 

There's nothing special you have to do for this.  Plug it into the center channel terminal on your amp, and calibrate it as a center channel.

My apologies I for some reason was confusing the aforementioned speaker with the smaller Gallery series.

curious why you purchased the G42 to mate with the G28s .  The G28s are stand alone speakers, usable in different positions. They need  a simple  center, Another G28 or G16 would have worked fine.   the G42 has 3 independent speaker "systems" inside:   a left, Right, and center.  Each has its own terminals.  So in order to use it just as a center, you would connect up just the center terminals to your home theatre receiver.  

On 12/13/2016 at 8:33 PM, Dezmo919 said:

It was more of an appearance decision it is going to be mounted under a 70 in tv.  So, should I wire the three speakers in the 42 together and connect to the center channel on the receiver?  Any special wires or process to wire them together?

Thank you.

NoNoNo.... just the center... as I said " you would connect up just the center terminals to your home theatre receiver"   use same wire as your left and right...14 gauge is usually enough for most under 20 foot runs..  How far away is your receiver from your speakers? 

29 minutes ago, efzauner said:

NoNoNo.... just the center... as I said " you would connect up just the center terminals to your home theatre receiver"   use same wire as your left and right...14 gauge is usually enough for most under 20 foot runs..  How far away is your receiver from your speakers? 

You might be begging the question, as I have not seen whether or not the OP has an AVR.  It doesn't sound like he is using one and is trying to create a center channel out of a L/R.

OK Dez Mo, what AVR do you have?  B)

21 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

You might be begging the question, as I have not seen whether or not the OP has an AVR.  It doesn't sound like he is using one and is trying to create a center channel out of a L/R.

OK Dez Mo, what AVR do you have?  B)

he clearly stated " and connect to the center channel on the receiver? "  so yes he has a receiver with a center channel.. but yes, he should have been clear. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, efzauner said:

he clearly stated " and connect to the center channel on the receiver? "  so yes he has a receiver with a center channel.. but yes, he should have been clear. 

Thanks for the clarification, I guess I missed that.

Maybe it's my unfamiliarity with the speakers he is using, the center channel setup should be fairly straightforward if he is using bare speaker wire.  Are RCA connectors needed somewhere in the speaker chain?  I can see where that might be a little confusing.

+++

EDIT:  OK, I just looked it up.  I should know all Klipsch's models, but I don't.  The G-42 is a soundbar and the OP wants to use ONLY the center channel in the soundbar. EF Zauner, if I had only read your post #2, I would be so much further ahead.  :rolleyes:

G-42-Front_635042251256550000_medium.jpg

The L/R G-28 are flat panel speakers which can be L, R, or Center.  The question should be, why doesn't the OP use a third G-28 as his center instead of a soundbar?

G-28-H-Front.jpg