Allman Bros. After the Crash....don't bother....

jimjimbo

This 2 hr program is/was playing on AXS TV.  Very disappointing, as there are absolutely no interviews with band members, just ex-promoter's, ex-producer, ex-roadie.....No live music, actually very boring.  The only really interesting tidbit is about how over the top coked out the roadie crew was, and after they assaulted a promoter on stage they were fired and that whole thing just exacerbated the already bad downward spiral of the band....I'll be deleting the show after I watch the last 15 minutes...... Don't think I could stand to see another photo of Gregg Allman and Cher....yikes.

1 hour ago, dwilawyer said:

Were they talking about Twiggs?  He didn't assault a promoter,  he killed one, for not paying the band. 

I honestly don't remember them saying anything about a killing, just an assault.  Maybe that's in the last 15 minutes.....

1 hour ago, dwilawyer said:

Did they get any interviews about Shoot Herring and the drug trial?

The narrator talked about it a little, and the interviewee's talked a little, but none of the principle's....of course everyone said that Gregg had no choice but to spill the beans about everything since the police, FBI and DEA were putting so much pressure on him, and that his exposure of the situation caused an enormous amount of friction within the band, and was the main reason that Chuck Leavell left.

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

The narrator talked about it a little, and the interviewee's talked a little, but none of the principle's....of course everyone said that Gregg had no choice but to spill the beans about everything since the police, FBI and DEA were putting so much pressure on him, and that his exposure of the situation caused an enormous amount of friction within the band, and was the main reason that Chuck Leavell left.

Friction?  They are whitewashing it, based on the articles and books by principals that I have read They split up, DB formed Great Southern, Leavell formed Sea Level, Gregg went solo.  DB swore he would never speak or perform with Gregg again, but Great Southern wasn't so great after all and they started talking five years later (just after Scooter's conviction got reversed on appeal).

The killing happened much earlier, they must be talking about the riot at JFK when they played with the Grateful Dead.