Building out a jamboree

Srinath

I am not committed to a 2 way or a 3 way. Or a 4 way.

I would like good sound, I don't even care if I have to get it powered right, cos I have plenty of power, vertical bi amp, horizontal bi amp, bi wire, active XO, passive XO, combination etc etc anything. Adding wood work, not an issue.

I also have 1/2 jamboree's with Eminence kappa's which are probably not a true copy but can be set vertically too cos their boxes are cuboid's.

Experimenting is the name of the game here.

I have high end soft dome mids and tweeters (dynaudio 142 and 100's) I am itching to use. I'd build a separate cabinet for these, have them movable and turnable so I can direct it etc etc, also I can mount these in the vent of the bass bin. Or the face plate of the bass bin, but that may be too low for a tweeter, however if its sound is carried by the woofer's air, it sounds like a point source.

I also have other soft domes (realistic, RCA, Curtis Mathis - don't laugh, I paid $6 for the speaker @ goodwill and took the tweeters off in the parking lot and donated it back, all in 3 mins these are damn good soft domes), hard domes, ribbon's, etc etc to cover the highs.

The jbl2405's were my first go to, but they don't like to be crossed over under 8k.

So I need to fill that gap between kappa 15's upper and the JBL's lower range.

An altec 511 coupled to a 802 driver will nicely cover 800 up and be happy doing so to the tune of 105 spl.

This Gauss cetec I have also could do 250-10k I believe. Don't know if it will fit the 511 or the HR60 EV I got, I'll experiment when its all in my new house.

But anyone have anything I should try out first ?

Thanks.

Srinath.