KLIPSCH Cornwalls

Fuch

My brother gave me these big bad boys when i bought his home. They are the Klipsch Cornwalls Model # C-WO. Can anyone give me some info on these speakers year,price,etc. THANKS

First Post

Dennis Fucci

This message has been edited by Fuch on 09-15-2002 at 10:38 PM

Dennis,

The "P" in the SN indicates they are from 1976. That is a very good year (I have Heresy's from the same year) imho and they come with a K-55-V alnico squawker (midrange) driver, K-77-V alnico tweeter driver and the B crossover network. The Woofer should be a K-33-E.

If you remove the screws on the rear panel (be careful when you open it up because the wires are connected to the speaker terminals on the rear panel), take a peek inside and make sure the drivers are as indicated. Also take a look at the crossover and make sure the caps aren't leaking and the Autoformer looks OK.

These should sound wonderful and last you a lifetime. Let us know how it turns out for you...

Mike

Thanks for your advice Mike. I was using the cornwalls as front speakers. Last week i bought this setup. Atlantic Technology 450THX

2 372 PBM subwoofers

4 451 e LR mains 2 are for rear channels.

2 454e SR surrounds

1 453e C center

6 stands (4 mains, 2 surrounds)

I have a Mits WS-73907, Pionner VSX-39TX Pioneer DVD DV-37. And a lot more TOYS.

builder code on those would likely be two of the following builders for that year's production of Cornwalls:

Charles Horn

Ronnie Barhams

Lynn Stevenson

Look for some initials stamped into the rear edge side of each speaker cabinet...near the joint with the top or bottom...may be almost unreadable...should be two-letter code stamped in there somewhere.

------------------

I can now receive private messages