Heritage HT

jtkinney

I am not there yet, but it's coming along. Here are pictures of the K-horns and Heresy's up front and the LaScalas in back. I need to build stands to go under the Heresy's and refinish in black to match the TV.

------------------

Jim

Family Room:

1978 Klipschorns (mains), 1978 Heresy's (front center, 1979 La Scalas (rear surrounds)

Yamaha RX-V1 Reciever, Yamaha CDC-655 CD Player, Toshiba SD-1200 DVD, Toshiba TN50X81 50" HDTV

Bedroom:

Yamaha RX-V590, SF-1's Mainsc>s>

Looks nice.

I like the LAS in the rear.

Enjoy your Heritage HT. You gotta love it!!!

JM

------------------

HT / Listening Environment:

Mains: '83 Khorns

All Heritage Center: K77, K400 above screen, Dual K22 in Heresy cabinets under screen.

Sides: Forte 1

Subs: Dual SVS Ultra +

Screen: 65"x120" DaLite Grey

Projector: Sharp PG-M20X

Processor: Lexicon MC-1

2 Ch Preamp: McIntosh C-36

Many NAD mono amps (for now)

This message has been edited by j-malotky on 09-16-2002 at 02:52 PM

I really like seeing a man who has his priorities straight!

Congrats on a very nice rig.

------------------

JDM

'98 klipschorns, Infinity SM-120's (surr.)

Dynaco QD-2

Sennheiser HD-580's

Sony TA-F606ES int. amp.

Sony ST-S550ES tuner

Sony CDP-X33ES CD player

Sony DTC-75ES DAT recorder

Sony PS-LX510 turntable w/ Audio-Technica AT-216EP cartridge

Akai HX-A3 cassette decks>

I certainly agree with "entertainment" being the focal point of the room - not too many times I'd be saying, "Man, that unused fireplace looks great from the back of the kitchen".

But, I do see you have room left on the right side for subwoofer-age. I'd have to get something up on the walls on each side of the fireplace to "balance" that end of the room.

On a lighter note, your Heresy's look out of place without something on top - l do hope you have the "flat" style stands coming!

Need more java - now!

NP - The Verve Pipe - Villians

Thanks for the comments guys. In Arizona, a fireplace is a waste of space. The only days that are cold enough to think about using one, are usually "No Burn" days, because of smog.

DABumann, yes the stands will be flat, but I hadn't thought about putting anything on them. Subs are in the plans, but I don't know what yet.

kjohnsonhp, the Las are not veneered, just walnut oiled birch cabinets, see attached photo's. They could stand a little refinishing, but they don't look too bad. With one of them in the path into the family room, I may wait to do anything to them until the kids are older.

------------------

Jim

Family Room:

1978 Klipschorns (mains), 1978 Heresy's (front center), 1979 La Scalas (rear surrounds)

Yamaha RX-V1 Receiver, Yamaha CDC-655 CD Player, Toshiba SD-1200 DVD, Toshiba TN50X81 50" HDTV

Bedroom:

Yamaha RX-V590, SF-1's Mainsc>s>