MSRP for new klipsch?

prodj101

thats a bit on the steep end for me, I'm really considering some RF-3's or 5's right now, any suggestions?

------------------

New music system:

2.1 using SF-2's (soon to be RF-7's), and an RSW-15. for amplification Mcintosh MC02105, B&K PT-3 preamp, Sony SACD player. pioneer turntable.

Computer uses Promedia 2.1's.

quote:

Originally posted by boa12:

justin, 2k each? what are the voice coils made of solid 24k gold?
Biggrin.gif
take it that was a guess.
Smile.gif

yeah. going by what MK charges for their VERY similar speakers. behold the cost of THX...

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5s>

Email Me

quote:

Originally posted by justin_tx_16:

yeah. going by what MK charges for their VERY similar speakers. behold the cost of THX...

i might add, if they are not powered, that makes them about $800 each for the fronts, and THX prefers the same speakers all around, so 5x800=4000, not too shabby for 5.1, plus $2000 for the sub.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

Email Me

knowing that, well i actually knew it, speaking to places like monster cable, why not capitalize yet again and make wall jacks that have one emi/rfi power outlet with one preo out as well? put these on your walls, could be the same size or smaller than the standard blue box sized wall outlet and would still be hidden behind the self powered speaker.

then again, maybe that is what happened in this picture Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

Email Me

quote:

Originally posted by boa12:

hey, just thought - w/ powered digital speaks couldn't they use just one cable for both power & the dig info? like thought i heard they could use power lines for broadband internet transmission. think enron was going to do that, well until they collapsed.

yeah, you could do that. don't see why not.

about the enron thing, yep, they were working on that, or were they... i went to their office that dealt with that after teh collapse. you know what? it was a front. the office, just a day or two after the collapse, was neraly completely empty of equiptment. it is called Enron Broadband. Still today it is the same. I asked my dad about this, he works for El Paso Corp who actually did run fiber, he said that from what he understood, Enron made this broadband deal as a front to say, yeah we invested $1 billion in broadband yadda yadda yadda, to have better books. but i don't think it was for nothing, they may have done some things about broadband, but mostly i think it was a front.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

Email Me

just, or maybe it was enron was trading broadband capacity, like a commodity/futures. or were trying to set that up.

maybe it was a power company in the area that was talking about actually having the net service over power lines. also have read that it could be done but haven't heard of any actually doing it over power lines yet.

------------------

My Home Systems Page

wonder if we will ever know what was really going on with that and other enron ventures...

as far as El Paso Corps broad band, they went out and laid enough fiber to make Total Raisan Bran happy! LoL

how about a 4 prong plug... pos/neg/ground/lineout... sounds promising.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

Email Me