Dawny

Pro Media 2.1 bluetooth issue

One of my neighbors in my apartment has connected to my speakers and won't disconnect. I've gone around to all of them and none of them claim to be doing it. I cannot use my speakers at all because the speakers prioritize bluetooth over the audio jack connected to my computer. Is there any way to boot them off. I'm getting infuriated by this problem and I want it to end. I paid good money for speakers that I can no longer use. I'm about ready to dump them in the trash because of their shortcomings in security. Why did they make a speaker that has no security whatsoever....

• Sad 1

I have a similar issue; I don't ever want my speakers using Bluetooth, but I haven't figured out a way to disable the Bluetooth radio.

Is there any sort of non-BT pre-amp I can purchase? Is there a way to bypass the pre-amp and use my own volume control? 

• Sad 1

Klipsch apparently refuses to address this issue and keeps selling this crappy Bluetooth. I didn't realize it was unsecure when I ordered it directly from them, and now they won't pay shipping on a return.

So given that their return policy apparently sucks anyway, I went ahead and voided the warranty by destroying the BT antenna on the control board. Maximum range is now about 15 feet.

I'd rather be able to just shut it off, but I don't know how the controller switches the signal, so I'm not willing to just disable the BT chip entirely in case everything stops working.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/XAAAiVm25Sp4Z8ln2

• Sad 1

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 8:51 PM, Dawny said:

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 11:14 PM, new user said:

Edited by Auto

And I thought that I was the only one with this problem ......!!

It is really annoying that I cannot control the neighbor's "Bluetooth hijacking", there must be a solution to this issue, because when the speakers work, they are great ! 

BUT THE INABILITY TO CONTROL THE "BLUETOOTH HIJACKING" MAKES THIS GREAT PRODUCT A USELESS PIECE OF EQUIPMENT.